24

"Hey, guys! Great news! Glee club gets a photo in the thunderclap." Mr Schuester announced. The glee kids responded with fake enthusiasm. "Yep. It's going to show everyone at the school that glee club is on its way up. When we win regionals, those claps are going to be collector's items. I mean, all of your classmates are going to be begging for your autographs. But, I had to compromise to do it. Um, we only get a quarter page in back. Which means we have to pick two team captains to appear in the photo. So, tomorrow we're going to put it to a vote! Exciting, huh? All right!" he said in a cheer

 ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄Its the next day and we're all sitting in the choir room getting ready to vote "Well, we're all here. I guess we should vote." Mercedes shrugged as she looked around "With your permission, I have prepared a few words." Rachel said, standing up and walking to the front of the room.

"I nominate Rachel." Mercedes quickly said "Second." Kurt responded "All right, let's vote up in this piece. I gotta go hit the gym and load up the guns of Puckerone for the football picture." Puck said.

I looked over at the boy with a disgusted frown. We all place our votes in the hat. Mr. Schuester counted up all the votes. "Looks like everybody voted for Rachel. And there's one vote for Griffin." he responded. I frowned at the words that came out of his mouth.

I stood up and took the paper from his hand and shredded it quietly before walking out. Stopping at the door frame. The bell rang and then I walked out.

 ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄I'm on my way to the choir room after receiving an urgent text from Rachel. I don't even know how she got my number. Approaching the Choir room I saw Finn walking "Oh, hello, Finn. How nice of you to show." Rachel said sarcastically.

I walked past the two and to a seat next to Brittney. She's my safest option to sit next to right now, other than Artie. I feel like I can attack anyone and shower them in love right now. And that's just not me. I could feel Santana glaring at me. "Okay, look, I-I realize now that all of you think that glee club is just a joke. Okay a-a-and you're convinced that we can't win, and you're content to just sit idle by until Figgins cancels the club." Rachel started.

I halfway listened to what she was saying. Zoning in and out in eagerness. "Well, I'm about to present to you a rare opportunity. The opportunity to become stars." Rachel stated "That's dumb. You're dumb." I commented out of boredom "How?" Quinn asked.

"We've all been cast in a local commercial." she stated as if it was something good "Are you serious?" Finn asked "She better not be we'll be disqualified bc we'll no longer be ameatur performers." I said in annoyance.

Everyone glanced at me before looking back at Rachel "No we won't and yes, Finn, and while all of you have been so concerned with your appearance in this school, I've landed glee club its first big break. Simply put, making us all celebrities. Okay and no one messes with celebrities or defaces their pictures." she replied with aggression causing everyone to forget what I just said.

I rolled my eyes and leaned back in my chair "What's the commercial?" Tina asked "Hold on to your hats and get ready to sell...Some mattresses!" she said like it was actually a good thing. I couldn't help but roll my eyes farther than the last time "I'm getting a nice pair of black suspenders. Simple black." Artie said whilst tugging on his suspenders.

I watched as everyone started chatting happily amongst themselves. I sat back in my chair with my arms crossed. This day just ruined my whole mood.

 ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄
I was walking out of the school withy headphones in when someone suddenly grabbed my shoulder. I turned around and saw Quinn "Are you coming?" she asked me "Coming where?" I asked as if I didn't know what she was talking about.

She rolled her eyes "To the mattress store." she clarified "No. I gotta go pick up my son." I responded "Wait. You won?" she asked in shock "Yeah. I didn't tell you that?" I said with a frown. She shook her head. "Oh well. I gotta pick him up and then I'm taking him shopping with me for his room." I said with a smile.

She giggled at me for whatever reason "Okay, have fun. I'll see you at home. I can't wait to meet him." she said with a smile "Me too." I chuckled. She looked around quickly before leaning up and pecking my lips "I'll see you around Hudson." she smiled as she walked off.

God fucking damn.

 ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄
Mr. Schuester just broke the news of him being disqualified from nationals "Told ya!" I shouted from my chair as I held Fallon in my arms "But, we don't want to go to sectionals without you." Artie practically begged "It's without me or not at all. Look, I was the one who slept on the mattress, which means I accepted them, not you. Which means I'm disqualified from competition, not you guys." Mr. Schuester admitted deafetedly.

"He's taking the bullet for us. Solid." Puck nodded "That's Puck. He's an idiot." I said to Fallon who was looking at me skeptically while sucking his pacifier. "We have worked too hard for you guys not to get your shot." Mr. Schuester encouraged.

"We can't do this without you, Mr. Shue. Hell, we probably can't do it with you." Finn said dejectedly "That's not true. You guys are good. You're really good. You did "Jump" for that commercial without me, right? Look, the best teachers don't give you the answers. They just point the way and let you make your own choices. Your own mistakes. That way you get all the glory. And you deserve it. Look, if... If you can't win without me there, then I haven't done my job." Mr. Schue said as he walked in a circle around them.

"We're really sorry, Mr. Shue." Rachel apologized "I'm not included in that apology." I said as a reminder while placing Fallon's binkie back in his mouth. "I know. I want you guys to go get gussied up and take that glee club photo with pride. I want to see a smile on every one of your faces." he said

 ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄
We all stood in the choir room getting ready for our picture. Fallon was dressed up in a matching outfit like Finn and I's. Quinn stood between Finn and I with a smile. I looked down at Fallon who was for some reason smiling at me.

I managed to get him to face the camera just in time for the photo with the same bubbly smile.

 ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄
A/N

Short chapters because there wasn't much to do with this episode so I hope y'all liked it!!😕🫶🏾