17- Wheels

I sat down in the secluded office. Looking outward on the small city below the four story building. Straightening my suit I prepared myself for what's to come. The door creaked open and the lawyer I was looking into waltzed in.

I stood up and took her hand in mine "I'm so sorry I'm late. The boss had me run and go grab coffee at the last minute." she explained as she fixed her appearance. Assuming she rushed here.

I shook my head "No it's uh- it's completely fine." I smiled softly before taking a seat again. "Refresh my memory but you're here for the custody battle." she asked as she flipped through a file. "Yeah. Yes I am." I nodded.

She hummed in acknowledgement. "I just want to get a few things straightened. You don't mind if I record this conversation do you?" she asked, reaching into her drawer and pulling out a tape recorder "No, not at all." I smiled softly.

She nodded before clicking play on the tape "I want to remind you that at any time you feel that the following questions are making you uncomfortable you have every right to stop me, okay?" she informed me.

I nodded and waited for the first question "Why are you re-opening a case that was finalized only four months ago?" she asked "I've recently had an eye opener. Something or I should say someone that helped shine light onto my situation." I explained.

She nodded before continuing "Why was this case ever filed? If you're okay with going into details it would be appreciated." she smiled "I uh- I had a very difficult time accepting that she was possibly pregnant with my child." I started.

"She as in Chloe?" she asked "Yeah. When I finally came to my senses she had met a guy. She told me pretty bluntly that I wasn't gonna be reliable as a father and that the kid would need a stable father that can provide. I found out she was having a boy not too soon after. Then there came the birth. I found out through a friend. She went into labor at an assembly I couldn't make it to. I rushed to the hospital, but I was denied access even as the bio father. That's where the news was broken to me. They had opened a case without my acknowledgement and had her boyfriend sign the birth certificate. I am more than ready to be a father. Yes I am young. But I shouldn't be deprived of my first born. Especially my son. I have a job, a car, and an apartment. No need for mommy's or daddy's money. I made my own." I explained.

I was on the verge of tears "Could you just state your name and the date so we can close out the tape?" she asked, obviously sensing my nervousness "My name is Griffin Hudson and today is November 11th 2013." I finished. She stopped the tape and tucked in her desk "I can tell you mean right by this Griffin and I'm gonna do everything I can to get what you deserve and that's your rights to your child." she smiled softly.

I nodded before clearing my throat "Can I use the bathroom? Just to freshen up." I asked.

 ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄
I rushed into the Glee room "I am so sorry for being late. I had an important meeting." I explained before sitting next to Quinn "It's alright. We were only talking about the new song we're working on." Mr. Schuster nodded.

He handed me a music sheet. I looked over the paper in confusion "Defying Gravity?" I questioned. Mr. Schuster nodded "So how'd it go?" Quinn whispered "Huh?" I frowned, looking up from the paper.

"The meeting with the Lawyer." she clarified "Oh, it went well. She took my case. I just really hope this works out." I smiled at her softly "You deserve the best Griffin. You're gonna be an amazing father. I can't wait to meet him." she smiled back.

I tuned back in on the main conversation "Alright, on to item two the school won't pay for the special bus we need to take Artie and his wheelchair to sectionals." Mr. Schuster explained. "W-W-What?" Tina asked in disbelief "That's completely unfair." Rachel spoke next.