── chapter one

TODAY WAS VIENNA'S last game of the season, she was dreading for the moment the game would end because that's when she would be off the whole summer. Vienna loved basketball, she played many other sports like volleyball and softball but none of them compared to basketball.

She wore her purple and white jersey under her sweater, with her purple crocs to match the fit. She always had her hair up in a braid for games, it's just her thing. Vienna played point guard on her team, she was a really good one too.

Vienna sat on the couch, scrolling through tiktok while she waits for her mom and siblings to finish getting ready.

bball team ⛹️‍♀️⚡️ !

maya #19
YALL
YALL
GUESS WHAT

willow #6
What is it now

ellie #1
uh oh

maya #19
BRO BROOOO
CAM WILDER IS GONNA BE
AT THE GYM WE'RE PLAYING AT
THAT MEANS NELSON NEUMANN
IS GONNA BEBTHERE

vienna #2
who tf is cam wilder

mackenzie #1
theres no way yo ass dont
know who cam wilder is

claire #7
yeah v
cmon

maya #19
sent a tiktok link

vienna #2
OHHHH
yeah so we're watching their
game!😊

maya #19
she wants nelson fr

Vienna clicked on the hashtag that said #nelsonneumannedits and began scrolling through all of them.

"Vienna! Let's go, you're going to be late." Her mom said and they all ran out to the car. Miles sat beside Vienna and looked over her shoulder to see that she was watching some Nelson edits on her for you page.

"I heard they're going to be at the game." He said, making Vienna's eyes go wide. "I also heard they have a girls team."

She gave him a look before going back to scroll through tiktok.

"Vienna! They're going to watch our game." Maya ran up to the brunette immediately, freaking out since the RWE team was literally in the crowd waiting for the game to start.

Their coach brings out the little whiteboard and she yells. "Okay girls! Bring it in!" The whole team huddles up in a circle and their coach began explaining the plays they're going to do.

"We have Vienna, Maya, Ellie, Riley and Enid playing first. I'm gonna need strong plays girls, communicate and Vienna get those shots in."

The starting five stood up and Vienna led the cheer. "Win on three, family on six!" She yelled.

"1, 2, 3: WIN!
4, 5, 6: FAMILY! "

The five girls all went out on the court, Vienna wipes the bottom of her basketball shoes and gets ready to get the ball. Enid does the tip off and the ball goes to Vienna.

She began bringing the ball up the court and her check tries to reach for the ball but Vienna spun around her. The crowd goes wild as she gets an 'and 1.'

Vienna fell on the floor and her teammates helped her up, she goes to the free throw line to shoot. She made eye contact with a blonde curly head boy, he almost immediately looked away and his older friend beside him began teasing him.

She didn't realize it was the same boy she was watching edits of on the ride here. The ref passes Vienna the ball and she dribbles it twice before spinning it and she gets the ball in. Her friends give her a high five and she hits the last shot.

Throughout the game, Vienna hit her shots, she never missed. She got 25 points that game.

"Go up to her bro." The same older boy who was teasing the blonde boy from earlier said, pushing him towards Vienna.

"Hey." Vienna turned around to see the boy from earlier. She smiled at him.

"Hey! You're Nelson Neumann right? You're really good at basketball." She said, making Nelson freeze on the spot. He laughs nervously but covers it up quickly.

"Thanks. You are too." He glanced over to Lavar who motioned him to speak more. "Wanna watch our game?"