── chapter nineteen

CAM RAN AFTER vienna after she found out about nelson and nessa, when she stepped outside the door, cam grabbed her arm to stop. she turned around to look at him, her mascara running. he frowned seeing her cry. vienna was like a little sister to him and it breaks his heart to see her cry. he pulls her into a hug and vienna cried.

"i'm sorry vee." he mumbled, letting her cry her heart out. "he's so stupid, you deserve someone better. i understand if you want out for LA."

vienna shook her head, speaking up. "no, i still want to go. i won't him get in the way of basketball. i'm not going to cry about this ever again, it's not worth it." she pulled away and wiped her tears away.

"i'll drop you home, come on." cam pulled out his car keys, unlocking his car. she smiled at him and sat in the passenger seat. "you can play whatever song you want."

vienna looked out the window, leaning her head on her hand. she watched the cars that pass by them, noticing the little shops she didn't know was there whenever she passed by this street. "why would he do this to me?" she asked, not knowing if she was asking herself or cam. cam glanced at her, not knowing what to say.

they both didn't know what to say.

"i loved him so much. the only boy i really ever had feelings for." she vents, sounding numb. cam's frown deepens when he couldn't hear the joy in her voice anymore. "i won't be able to look at him without feeling my heart break all over again."

"vienna—"

"why did it have to be nessa?" she asked, again, they both coudn't answer her question. "she's so pretty, good at basketball and she's—"

"vienna!" cam cuts her off, raising his voice a bit. she stopped talking, biting her bottom lip so she could hold back the tears. she promised herself she wouldn't cry again. "he's never going to find another girl with the same personality as you, same skill as you, or literally anything. you hear me? he won't find another girl like you, you're the best he will ever have and he will wake the fuck up and realize that."

vienna stayed quiet, taking a deep breath to hold back her tears. cam notices her struggling to not cry. "you know it's okay to cry again, right? no matter how many times you tell yourself you're not going to."

"i'm not going to cry." she promised as they pulled into her driveway. cam parked and then looks over to her. vienna sat there for a moment before engulfing cam in a hug. he was caught off guard since vienna never really hugs him. "thank you, cam. you're like a big brother to me, you're the best."

"of course not better than miles." cam jokes, trying to make her laugh.

vienna pulled away and lets out a little laugh. "you're right." she opened the door and stepped outside. closing the passenger door shut, she ran to her front door. vienna turned around to send cam one last wave before heaidng inside her house.

the next morning, vienna didn't feel like getting out of bed. she checked her phone to see a bunch of messages from nelson, she frowned and cleared her notifications. standing up, vienna knew that she couldn't just let a boy ruin her life.

"vienna! breakfast!" her mom yelled from downstairs. she stretched and then puts on her hoodie. she grabbed her phone from her side desk and ran downstairs.

"look who's finally home." valorie — her sister — jokes, ruffling vienna's hair. she rolled her eyes in response and sat down next to her. their mom slides them their bowl of cereal and then a cup of smoothie.

vienna didn't even have one bite of her food, a question came up that made her stomach hurt. "how's nelson doing? is he going to come over today?" her mom asked her, leaning against the table.

"we broke up." she just dropped the bomb on them.

"what?!" both her sister and mom yelled. vienna just stared at them both, eating her cereal. "why?"

"well, he likes nessa. can we talk about something else please?" she pleaded, dropping the spoon in the bowl. valorie and hazel stayed quiet, still trying to process the news. "what are we doing today?"

hazel cleared her throat and looks over to miles, who was watching TV in the living room. "we were going to watch miles' baseball game. you don't have to come if you don't want to."

vienna drank the milk from the bowl, placing it down on the counter. shrugging her shoulders, she hopped off the chair. "nope! i'm coming, i'm not going to be a emo and sit in my bed all day. i'm gonna go get ready, bye bye! call me down when we're leaving!"

she ran up the stairs, swinging into her room and sat down in front of her mirror. vienna stared at herself in the mirror, dragging down the skin under her eyes. she had bags under her eyes and she looked tired as fuck.

vienna took out her make up bag, started applying some concelear, blush, mascara and eyebrow gel. she puts on some lip gloss, smacking her lips and staring at herself in the mirror. her hands run through her brown hair, pushing it all over her shoulders and to the front. she smiled at herself.

"vee! it's time to go!" she heard her brother, miles, yell. vienna stood up and skipped down the stairs. he wrapped his arm around his little sister and smiled. "i'm gonna get a home run, watch me."

"okay miles!" she said, dragging out his name. miles scoffed, slightly pushing her head away and she laughed.

"go miles!" vienna yelled when he walked onto the base. he got ready to batter up, vienna, valorie and their mom watch intensely when the pitcher threw the ball. miles wiats for it, swinging his bat and it goes far. "holy shit."

"i'm going to pretend i didn't hear that." hazel pointed, still watching miles run. first base, second base, and third base. "let's go miles!" she yelled as he slid into the last base.

home run.

miles laughed, dapping up his friend. vienna squints her eyes, his jersey number being #17. valorie nudges her, smirking at her younger sister. "that's colton, he's really good."

vienna stared at valorie with a glare. "shut up."

after the game, vienna ran up to miles, hugging him tight. he laughed and spun her around. someone trailed behind him, vienna looking over his shoulder to see a boy with fluffy brunette hair and nice eyes. vienna felt her heart skip a beat, immediately becoming shy.

"hey mom, is it okay if colton sleeps over?" miles asked her, hazel glances at colton and smiled. she nodded her head. vienna stared at him but then her eyes widen when colton's gaze looks over to her.

he gave her a soft smile. "hey, i'm colton." he held his hand out. "i'm not sure if we met?"

"i don't think so, miles never lets me meet his baseball team." vienna glares over to him, miles puts his arms up in defence. "i'm vienna, nice to meet you."

"hey, you're on the rwe team! congrats, that's hella big." he compliments her and vienna smiled brightly. "you're really good at basketball, miles showed me some of your clips."

"thank you." she nervously giggles, valorie watches the whole interaction with a smirk. colton sends her one last smile before walking away with miles. she watches him walk with miles, a grin on her face.

vienna felt someone nudge her and she rolled her eyes when she knew who it was. valorie stood beside her. sighing, she spoke up. "new beginnings vienna. you know the fastest way to get over a boy is to get with a new one!"

"shut up, val."

roan speaks!

i already miss writing nelson and vienna moments... ANYWAYSSS go read @notreallyness story! it's a nelson nelson neumann fic :)