── chapter thirteen

"WE'RE BACK IN the gas station for game 2, the girls have a game in like an hour and a half so we gotta get back quick to meet up with the other girls since vienna is already with us. um, so yeah. let's get it." cam explained, he wrapped an arm around nelson, bringing him over. "nelson, how many likes?"

"175k." he nodded his head.

"alright, you heard the man. 175k"

vienna was in the corner, biting her nails while she was on the phone with one of her teammates. she walks over to cam, tapping his shoulder. "yo, we gotta go like now. the rest of the team is there and they told them that the game starts in 40 minutes."

"what?" cam's eyes go wide and they pay for their stuff, leaving the gas station to head to the gymnasium. when they were inside, cam started questioning vienna. "i thought the game doesn't start for another hour?"

"they had to move it earlier because there are a lot of people there right now and they said it took a long time to escort them out the first time." vienna explained to him.

"bro, what the fuck."

"guess we'll see you at the game!"

during warm up's, hailey started singing halo by beyonce. vienna and jasmine hype her up by singing with her. "everywhere i'm looking now, i'm surrounded by your embrace. baby, i can see your halo. you know, you're my saving grace."

vienna walks away, laughing and the camera showed them singing. it follows her and she spoke up. "hailey think's she's a singer so we gotta hype her up." she said, dribbling the ball.

"she cannot sing." enid laughed, shaking her head.

the buzzer goes off, meaning the game was about to start. the girls yell while running to the bench. cam explains that they were going to start off strong and win this game. "starting five is vienna, breya, jasmine, enid and tori."

they go out to play, of course, vienna and nelson do their secret handshake before she went out to play. the game starts and the ball bounces over to vienna, she starts bringing the ball up the court, passing it to jasmine.

jasmine got a deep 2 in, high fiving vienna. "ya'll always say that vienna is a scorer and she lowkey is but she's a pointguard first so she loves passing the ball." nelson spoke up, rubbing his hands together while he watched vienna play.

one of the players on the other team drives to the basket but breya blocks her shot, the ball bouncing over to tori. vienna ran up the court, tori chucks the ball over to her and vienna got a lay up in.

"atta girl!" nelson yelled, his hands around his mouth when he yelled.

vienna's check was going to shoot a three, so she jumps up to try to block it, the ref blew his whistle, calling a foul. vienna furrowed her eyebrows in confusion because she didn't even touch her check.

"what? i didn't even touch her!" vienna complained, going up the the ref. "i didn't even touch her, that shouldn't be a foul." the ref blew his whistle again, giving her a tech. vienna sighed, looking over to cam and nelson. they told her to calm down and her shoulders dropped, walking away from the ref.

"vienna is beefing with the ref right now. apperently she fouled her check on a three but she didn't even touch her so i don't know what the fuck the ref is on." cam shrugged his shoulders and he keeps telling vienna to calm down because she kept looking back at them. "she better not get into foul trouble."

the player hits her three free throws and then breya get's the rebound, passing vienna the ball. she brings the ball up the court and passes it over to jasmine. she got stuck so then vienna cuts into the middle, the ball going to her and as she shot her lay up, someone slapped her wrist.

luckily the ball went in but vienna was pissed off since the ref didn't call anything. she threw her arms up. "that was a foul ref!" she scoffed and rolled her eyes, getting back on defence.

the ref goes up to cam, speaking up about vienna's attitude. "if she keeps talking back, she's going to have to get ejected. she will not be able to play." he told him and cam was shocked.

"okay, okay. sorry about that ref." he walks away and cam looks over to nelson. he looked up at him with confusion.

"what happened?"

"he said that if vienna keep's talking back, she won't be able to play for the rest of the game." he explained, crossing his arms. "but that doesn't make any fucking sense, i think bro was overexaggerating a little bit when he said he would eject her."

right when cam said that, vienna got another foul. she yelled at the ref. "that wasn't a foul, bro!" and there it was, her fourth foul since the ref gave her another tech. vienna rolled her eyes and looked over to cam, running towards him. "yo cam, you have to take me off. he gave me my fourth foul."

"what?" cam exclaimed, confused a fuck. "why? you were just at two."

"because i talked back." vienna said, pacing around and she couldn't keep still. nelson watched her actions, knowing that she was upset. "please, you gotta take me out and then put me back in if we're losing. i can't foul out."

cam noticed that she was on the verge of tears, this game meant a lot to her, basketball meant a lot to her. vienna hates when the ref's were all up on her. he puts a hand on her shoulder and then raised his hand. "jashlynn, sub in for vienna please. subs!"

she subbed out and sat down beside nelson. he wrapped an arm around her while she laid her head on his shoulder, a frown on her face. nelson handed her waterbottle for her to drink, vienna just stared at the ground.

everyone knew that she was upset. she hated games like these and sometimes when she would foul out of a game even though all of her fouls weren't even fouls, she would get frustrated with herself.

vienna didn't know how to explain her feelings, so it was always best for her to just cry. it made her look like a crybaby but it was all she ever grew up with, she wasn't the best at opening up. she just kept her feelings to herself and eventually she would break.

"hey, you're doing nothing wrong, okay? i promise you that you aren't disappointing anybody. you are playing so great, fuck the refs." nelson comforts her, turned her head so she looked at him. she stared at him, tears pricking her eyes.

"fuck the refs." he mumbled, a smile creeping onto his face. even though vienna doesn't speak about her feelings, nelson already knows what she was thinking and feeling.

i guess that's why they click so much. they just know what each other want, feel, need, think and much more without even having to say it. vienna cracked up a smile on her face after seeing nelson smile.

she laughs quietly, repeating what he just said. "fuck the refs." nelson leaned in and kissed her forehead, keeping his arm around her.

that game ended with a win.

roan speaks!

hey guys, i'm going to post chapters with drama in them after i write their championship game. i already have a plot drama in mind and it does have to do with the girl from the other chapter. i'm not gonna say her name, you just have to remember.

anyways, i'll update tomorrow again!