── chapter forty-one

TODAY WAS THE championship day for both the boys and girls. The boys game was first, against drifty and the boys were wearing ski masks that had RWE printed on them. Vienna thought it as cool.

The girls team were going to wear glow in the dark purge masks, Vienna was excited because Cam had a whole plan. When they were going to run out of the court, since it's championship game, the mic dude was going to play the purge music as they run out in the dark.

They went out on the court, running out and everyone started cheering loudly. While the boys were warming up, everyone started changing "where is drifty?"

They came out with black masks, covering their mouths. Vienna turned around when they came out, immediately making eye contact with Alexander.

Nelson walks over, wrapping an arm around his girls waist. They could tell that Alexander was smirking under his mask, Nelson pulled her away.

Trey was all hyped up and ready, he made Zion, Jeremiah and Nelson line up for him to dunk on them. He looked around for Vienna. "Yo, Vee!"

She spun around, running over and he made her stand in front of Nelson. "Don't fuck us up!" Nelson exclaims.

He looked behind him to see Trey running up, he wrapped his arm around Vienna's waist, covering his eyes and Trey dunks the ball.

"Boom!" Everyone yelled, Vienna starts laughing and covered her mouth. Trey stared down the crowd, everyone shaking his hand.

When the game was about to start, they did their signature dunk. Vienna walks over, sitting beside Marie.

Nelson sat beside Vienna, her leg bouncing up in down. He put a hand on her thigh to make it stop, to calm her down.

"In this corner," the mic guy spoke, "we have, drifty!"

The crowd boo's, Vienna and Nelson sharing a look. "And in this corner, we have, Rod wave Elite!"

The crowd cheers for them, "yeah!!"

Vienna looks up to Cam, he was yelling at them, instructing them to do something. To go back, get a man, talk and all that stuff a coach usually yells.

Everyone knew that he was kind of stressed out about this game. No one was going to lie, Drifty was good, like really good. This was a game that everyone was dreading and excited for.

A mixed of emotions.

"Vee, are you okay? Your leg won't stop bouncing." Nelson said with concern, trying to make it stop with his hand on her thigh.

Vienna bit her nails, looking at him. "I'm just nervous, that's all. I don't want to mess up." She mumbled, looking over to Drifty's bench. Alexander waves at her, she rolled her eyes.

"You guys are going to do great. You guys are going to play great. You are great." Nelson encouraged her, she smiled at him. "Don't worry."

"Thanks Nelson." She kissed his cheek, he wraps his arm around her. The game continued, Jhaki was hitting all his shots and he was also talking to the bench.

"Lavar, sub in for Trey." Cam called, he ran up and subbed in. Everyone starts yelling, the mic guy speaking up.

"Do ya'll know who went in? Do ya'll know who he is? Oh yeah ya'll know."

#8 on drifty goes in for a lay up but Lavar blocks it. The ref called a foul and the bench stood up in shock.

"That was all ball!" Vienna yelled at the same time as Nelson. Lavar started beefing with Jhaki and another player on the team.