── chapter thirty five

THE GAME STARTED and Vienna sat on the bench with Hailey, Jashlynn and Naomi. They watched the boys warm up with dunks, while they were their masks.

Cam brought them into a huddle. "Alright listen, from the get go, we own these kids ass. I watched them warm up and this is going to be a blow out. I just need ya'll to work together and all I care about is defence. No lacking of defence. You can get a bucket and talk ya'll shit to the crowd, I want you to, but get back on defence. Alright, starting five, Trey, Adam, Cam, Marcus and Steven. Alright? Listen, we gonna give Nelson that dunk. Play it off though. Win on three, win on me."

"Win!"

They all stopped huddling, raising their hands in the air to get the crowd hyped. They all started yelling and Vienna stood up from the bench, clapping her hands.

Nelson runs up, they picked him up and he dunks  the ball. Vienna yells, clapping her hands and he passed by her on the bench. They sat down and there was a man with a mic.

"Yo, how come we didn't get that for our game?" Vienna questions, pointing at the man. 2 minutes into the game, the crowd starts chanting we want Nelson!

"We want Vienna." She mutters, looking over to Nelson. She smiles and laughs, covering her mouth.

"Nobody playing defence on black, that's apparent." Vienna and Nelson kept laughing at the dude with the mic, his comments made everything else funny.

"Lavar isn't starting right now, says a lot about him." Vienna said, giving Lavar a side eye. He looks over to her with a look, she bursts out in laugher as he was about to grab her shoulders but stopped.

A few minutes later, Lavar got to sub in. He wore blue pants, it made Vienna snicker. "Bro, he literally looks like a fucking grandpa right with those pants. They are not flattering."

"For real." Nelson agrees. Lavar got the ball, he tries driving the basket but his check blocked him.

His check talked some shit to him, Lavar got mad so he shoves him. The ref blew his whistle and ejected both of them. Vienna's hand slapped over her mouth in shocked, her eyes widening.

From beside her, Hailey starts laughing, laying her head on her shoulder. Nelson walks over, they held Lavar back since he was mad.

"Ejecting Lavar is crazy." Cam shook his head, Vienna stood up and walked over, crossing her hands.

"What happened?"

"Bro, he fouled Lavar, got in his face and talked shit. Ejected them both." Cam furrowed his eyebrows in confusion. Nelson calls Cam over and he jogs over to where the Ref was talking to Lavar.

Vienna watches in confusion as Nelson walks back to the bench, she goes over to him. "What's happening?"

"They're not ejecting him, they talked about it and then they said no more pushing." Nelson explains, rubbing his hands in front of his face.

The game started once again, watching as it goes back and forth. "Get on your checks!" Vienna yelled since they were lacking of defence.

Cam looks over to Nelson, making eye contact with him and motions for him to sub in. Nelson pats Vienna's leg, she starts clapping her hands.

"Yeah Nelson!" She yelled as he subbed in. Jeremiah shoots a three, Vienna stood up with a three. "Boom!"

"Get back! Get back!" Cam yelled at them, they all hustled back to defend. They kept on dunking and dunking, Vienna daps up Nelson when the quarter ended. "We have to move courts because of crowd control."

Nelson intertwines his and Vienna's hands as they walk to a bigger court. It was half time, Vienna went out on the court and shoots a three. Nelson rebounds for her, passing the ball and she shoots it.

The next quarter was starting, Nelson sat down, drinking his water. He laid his half on her knee since it was bouncing up and down.

"You good Vee?" He asked her, turning his head to look at her. She nods her head, kissing his cheek. She wipes her mouth and Nelson laughs. "What?"

"You're sweaty." She chuckled and Nelson slightly pushes her head away. Trey tries shooting another half court shot but it doesn't go in.

"Aye, that was the last one!" Cam yelled at him. "Aye, Trey, that was the last shot!"

"Yeah Trey! No more half court shots, you haven't made any of them!" Vienna jokes and as Trey runs past the bench, he flips her off. She laughs and stuck her tongue out at him.

"Bro, Adam still don't pass. That boy didn't pass in New York, he still don't pass." Cam said, crossing his arms. "That's a damn shame, no progression."

Lavar was put in, she yelled at him. "Yo, happy 90th birthday Lavar! Don't get ejected!" He rolled his eyes and she leaned back, covering her mouth toe stifle her laughter.

Cam walks over, coming up to Nelson and Vienna. "Nelson, go out there. Sub in." He said, patting his shoulder. Nelson stood up, not before smiling down at Vienna.

She gave him a thumbs up and he walks over to sub in. Jeremiah passed the ball to Nelson, she shoots a three "Wipe out!" Vienna yelled and he passes by the bench. He smiles at Vienna, holding a three and she blew him a kiss.

Nelson was dribbling the ball, trying to pass by his check. He spun around him, going in for a lay up but his check blocked it.

"Should have gotten with the left, Nel!" Vienna yelled and he just laughs at her comment. Trey stood up from the bench, calling for Adam to pass the ball.

He got the ball and shoots it. Vienna starts laughing when Trey starts celebrating. "Bro, he's not even in the game!" She exclaims, pointing at him.

There was 5 seconds left of the quarter, Nelson walks over and engulfs her in a hug. Vienna shrieks as he picks her up, throwing her over his shoulder.

"Nelson! What the hell!" She exclaims, slapping his back. He ran toward the camera, yelling with a grin on his face.

"75k likes and we'll drop game 2 for the girls and boys! Bye!" He shouts before running away again.