I WOULDN'T HAVE MINDED taking a tour on foot, but with this scorching sun, while dragging the suitcases behind us, I'm sure it would have been an uncomfortable journey.

Strangely it was a different journey, the car, an SUV. The driver, a very kind gentleman in his fifties, spoke English very well, and there was a pleasant conversation. He recommended many places to visit, even nice places to go in the evening. I see Vittoria writing everything down on the "notes" app on her phone, so as not to forget the names and addresses.

When he stops the SUV outside of the resort, a man greets us with a big smile. He is a lovely person. I glance up at the name of the resort.

PARADISE

We take two double rooms, Vittoria, and I in one, and Adrianna and Giuliana in the neighboring one.

"Let us get our things sorted, and we will meet again in about an hour." I watch Adrianna and Giuliana standing under the door frame.

The two doors close almost in unison. This is a four-star resort, not far from downtown, the rooms are above average size, and have something of a vintage feel.

Vittoria rushes to unpack her luggage on top of one of the beds. She will probably spend the entire hour deciding what to wear on her first day here in Tahiti. I, too, place the luggage, smaller and decidedly more sober than Vittoria's, on the other bed. These beds are divided only by a small table that offers magazines, and a reading lamp.

"I don't have a clue what to wear!"

Vittoria already scattered about a dozen bathing suits on the bed, so much that I could no longer see the white sheet at the bottom. She had all kinds and shapes of bikinis; from the full one, to the super high-cut one. I stare at her in amusement and an expression came out that exactly represented the definition of "I knew it."

"Since you're the one that always holds us back, you should've gotten a head start, and started looking for what you were going to wear while we were in the car."

Vittoria rolls her eyes at me.

I grab one of my miserable three swimsuits that I have in my luggage, and I go into the bathroom to put it on.

"Let's see who is going to get ready first." I raise my swimsuit towards her. I giggle just before closing the door.

Shortly after, I hear her yelling, I leave the bathroom almost immediately. I am ready as well. Vittoria had changed there; I take a look at her bathing suit. She had chosen one of the flashiest ones she had. Vittoria is quite curvy, those two pink pieces, which on her body seemed almost a few sizes smaller, let us glimpse everything. What can I do with her? She loves to appear and get noticed. I, on the other hand, had a simple blue bikini. I found that it matched the color of my eyes perfectly. We put on a ripped, booty shorts, and went out to meet with Adrianna and Giuliana.