17

WE'RE IN AN ALL-white foyer. In the middle is a dark wood table, and on it is an unbelievably huge bunch of red flowers. Mijan opens a set of double doors, and the white theme continues across a wide corridor where directly opposite, is the entrance to a palatial room. It's the main living area, double height. The far wall is glass and leads onto a balcony that overlooks the ocean.

To the right is an imposing U-shaped sofa that reminds me of the private party. The couch reminds me of Vittoria. We were behind the couch, on the floor...

The thought made me look down. There is a very soft rug there...Perfect if I were to get on my knees for oral or doggy.

There is an immense corridor from which came a very good scent.

"Would you like a drink?"

Mijan points in that direction. It is probably the kitchen.

"Uh sure! I will have what you're having."

I walk to the kitchen area. The sound of my heels echoed in the house. Mijan is pouring coffee in a mug.

This place is way too big for just one man.

"We will start with coffee." He looks at me. "You thought I was going straight for alcohol, didn't you?"

I cross my arms in front of my chest.

"Alcohol still sounds better than going straight for removing your pants."

He scorns while handing me the cup.

He hands me a coffee that bears a wonderful leaf pattern imprinted in the milk. How did he do that?

"Are you an only child?" He asks.

Whoa...this coffee is too hot.

"No. I have two brothers."

"Tell me about your parents."

Why does he want to know about this?

"My dad lives in Milan with my stepmom, and my grandmother."

He takes a sip of coffee.

"So, you're Italian?"

"Yes. I won't stay here in this island much longer. Perhaps, this is just another reason that whatever we end up doing...won't last."

"The company I work for...has business all over the World Ms. De Santis. I can definitely request a transfer and move near you. Our Main headquarter is in Miami, Florida."

His jaw clenches, but his face remains impassive. I look confused.

"What do you have to do as a fashion ambassador...I mean..."

"Part of my job is to make sure you're in more places than McDonalds."

"Physically?"

"Sure! But I know you've not done this before. Initially, we will take it slowly, and I will help you. We'll build up various scenarios. We should keep it locally maybe. Amateur type. Then move you up to professional shots."

I look at him suspiciously.

"We have calendar shoots all over the World."

"Do you have a girlfriend?" I blurt out. Holy crap - I just said that out loud.

"No, Scarlett. Every time I'm advancing into a relationship, it dies. Most of the time it's because of jealousy! I'm in a career field that I think is not relatively understood. Like any feminized career field, it's seen as frivolous and therefore not taken seriously and not valued."