48

I WALK OUT OF the game room with the impression that all men are taking off my clothes with their eyes. I step in the corridor. There is a dim lightbulb illuminating the grey carpeted corridor every few feet. I turn towards the kitchen, I see Lexy's friend sitting on a chair, almost completely in the dark. I walk over, she doesn't even look up at me.

"Do you care if I join?"

She nods. She made room for me in the two-seater chair. She keeps staring at a spot on the ground. There is a round metallic drink tray covering her legs.

"Who did you come with?" She asked suddenly. She definitely sounds like she has been crying.

"Mmh?"

"Who's your companion?"

"Ah. I'm with Mijan."

She grins, as if some guess of her has been confirmed.

"Your companion is the worst."

"What is your relationship to him?"

"I met him not too long after he arrived in Tahiti. Supposedly, he is wanted by the American government. He came here to hide and stay under the radar."

"How did you find out?"

"We slept together. I was his 68th victim. He made me his victim. I didn't come here for this."

"So, you are aware of the Collective?"

"Yes I am. We all are."

She glances down at her hand.

"When we slept together, I woke up in the middle of the night, and went through his study. I found important paperwork. Incriminating paperwork."

"What did you find?"

"I was only able to read part of the document. I only had the screen light of my phone. It was kind of hard to read. The Collective is always seeking to exploit the naivety and the youth and newness inside of us teen girls. This is how they make money."

"I'm beginning to realize that no one is really meant to have sex back-to-back...this intensely for these many days in a row. I'm feeling so sore right now."

My ass is sore.

"Porn movies are usually made for ratings or money with the ultimate goal of reaching fame!"

"Why are you so interested in...unorthodox stuff?"

"I'm from a small town in Czech Republic."

"I thought you were from Russia or Ukraine."

"Nope. I was born in Prague. But girl, what I'm trying to say is that many of us enter this industry to escape our humble upbringings with hopes of becoming stars."

"This is some kind of opportunity to stay away from our hometowns and not work a minimum wage job."

"Exactly! Just that."

"With all due respect, but Prague has some really awkward looking statues. Very gothic. It's one very weird place. I remember seeing one statue of a guy contemplating suicide."

"Oh. You think that is weird? Is that right? I think that is art. The artist was just being dramatic with his masterpiece. Where are you from?"

"I'm from Italy."

"Italy. I visited Italy once. A place full of white marble treads and alleyways between a gauntlet of nude male sculptures. Each statue wear a fig leaf that is lighter in color than the rest of the body. Now that is weird."