76

I COULDN'T GET MIJAN'S eyes out of my head. Amber. Glistening. Glowing. Piercing in the dark. I am still awake at nearly 4 in the morning, lying in my bed, unable to understand my body's refusal to sleep.

I'll blame it on the twelve-hour time zone difference between Tahiti and Italy.

I push my laptop towards me and open it. Images of Tahiti Island fills the screen, and I just remember that I had bookmarked that page the day we bought our tickets.

Now Scarlett...

I should focus on going to college and fix my life.

Pay off all of my debts and buy a house!

Hey by that time...who knows I'll find the prince in every fairy tale and the model on every runway...

I could start a family with him.

I raise the mouse cursor to the top left of the screen, and I am about to close the page, when an advertisement catches my attention. I see a tan man, athletic, and very easy on my eyes, laying on the sand. He is wearing only jeans. There are sunglasses covering his eyes, and a broad smile on his lips. His smile reveals perfect white teeth.

Visit Cuba today!

My interest is piquet.

I grab my phone from the nightstand and create a group text message: I'm sorry its only 4 in the morning, but Giiiirrrrlllssss! What do you think of us going to Cuba?

THE END