35

THE ONLY CLOCK IN the room is hanging on the wall with a dead battery. Maybe half an hour passes by before I hear something outside. The sound of an automatic gate opening. I run to the window. I could see a partial section of the driveway. I catch a brand-new high end white SUV coming in, and parking by the front door.

The driver door opens and closes. Is that Lexy who had gone out and now returned? There are a few minutes of silence. I hear steps down the hall, but they don't sound like Lexy's heels, or rather, there are other footsteps besides hers.

Who could that be?

I rest my head against the door again, and I try to pick up on something. Still nothing. Shortly after, the person who is with Lexy begins to speak. It is a male voice, but they are too far away for me to recognize and understand what is being said.

The sound of footsteps grows louder. It makes me jump. My heartbeat quickens. They are coming for me!

About damn time.

I walk away from the door and sit back on the bed. I hear keys shackling in a keychain. I wipe the tears off my face. I hear a key getting inserted in the lock, and the door swings wide open. A tall man appears behind her. I notice through a blur what he's wearing: a loose black linen shirt, snug jeans, black Converse sneakers, and a dark pinstriped jacket. His shirt is unbuttoned at the top, and I see that he is shaved smooth. In my groggy frame of mind, he looks yummy.

Why does everyone in this industry look so well defined, muscular, and gorgeous?

I am now part of this group of people.

We all appear to live an enviable life but we are not as happy as we appear.

From a distance, our flamboyant lifestyle might appear fun, but behind the scenes, we are dealing with a lot of ugly things.

"This is Maxx. He is the production assistant. He is going to go over with you the do's and do not's while you guys are filming."