60

I WALK OUT OF the room while pulling down the off-the-shoulder length dress down to my thighs. This dress fits on my curves really nicely. People say I have long sexy dancer's legs. I lean towards Mijan, and whisper in his ear.

"I can still taste you on my tongue."

"Don't entice me. Scarlett. It takes all day to get some of the things that you tell me out of my head. It drives me crazy."

"Hey."

I stop walking and point the opposite direction.

"I thought the elevators were this way?"

"They are."

I move to the side and look straight ahead. I just realize why Mijan is walking that way. The teenager boy that was in the room with us earlier is sitting in a chair, near a tropical plant in a vase.

The teenager boy glances up as Mijan approaches him.

"Sir, I-"

Mijan shoot him an angry look and pick him up with one hand. He grips his neck and pins him still against the wall with one arm.

"I have just one thing to say to you."

The kid looks so confused. I quicken my pace while I'm in my tight dress. I hold the hem of my dress and pull it up. I approach Mijan and grab his biceps. He is solid strong. No match for the skinny teenager.

The teenager is gripping Mijan's wrist.

"I...can't..."

"...All I want to say to you is ignore everything that happened here. Do not share any information with anyone."

"Sam. Stop!", I yell. The kid's face is turning red.

"...breathe." I hear the teenager rasping voice.

Someone is looking at me from down the hall. I hear a whistle.

"Damn girl! You have that seductive walk that could trouble the nerves and peace of mind of the guys in this island."

I roll my eyes. He must have recognized me from one of my videos. Someone else yells towards us.

"What the hell are you guys doing? Drop him now!"

I turn around and see that it is the teenager's uncle. The two masquerade mask dudes are standing behind him. But they are holding their masks in their hands. I recognize their faces. I know who they are.

"Farouk...and...Shamil."

"Yes."

"You have such a good memory!"

"A nice mouth and –"

"Enough!"

Mijan lets the teenager flop down unceremoniously back towards the chair, and a flicker of pain went across his face. I take a step closer to Shamil. He wipes his fingernails on his handkerchief and dabs at the pustules on his neck. He is ignoring the uneasy stares of those who noticed his bloody rash on his left cheek. His eyes were red. He is clearly trying to ignore the burning in his eyes as he squints at me.

"You kept inviting my friend Vittoria for parties. Now, what? You lock her in a cage?"

I turn towards Farouk.

"What about you. You started seeing my friend Adrianna, only to go and participate in a double penetration with my other friends Gi. You guys are pigs!"

He takes a step back and removes a gun from behind his lower back.

I recoil in shock.

"Scarlett." Mijan turns his attention to me.

He is walking towards me with his glistening gun, in plain view, by his side.

"Why are you all armed with guns?"

"None of you knows what it is like to be on the constant look out for the law. Every contingency has been planned. I planned everything! I'm safe in this island. I am safe here!"

He raises the gun to above his head. I continue to walk backwards. I'm trying to find my way out. I'm heading towards the bank of the elevators...slowly.

"But then, a little boy appears, and screws everything up!"

Mijan points the gun towards him.

"A little boy. That is right. Your body might be of a teenager, but you're still thinking like a kid. Back to when I was your age, I already had my ways with a woman. I didn't have to fake I.D.s to get into penthouses. I didn't 'fail' in bed. I wasn't shy. I wasn't nervous."

The teenager closes his eyes.

"Holy fuck! I will never say anything. Please. I'm sorry."

"That's right. You better be."

He unlocks the safety pin.

"Wait."

I raise my index finger to my lips. I furrow my eyebrows.

"Everything makes sense now."

Mijan turns to me.

"This explains why you colored your hair. Right? That day when you caught up to me at that intersection full of tourists and shops. When I came back from the restroom, and I approached the table that we were sitting at...you were gone! You're constantly changing your homes, your appearances, as if you're trying to illude-"

"THE POLICE!"