24

"YOU SMELL SO GOOD." Mijan murmurs and closes his eyes. A look of pure pleasure on his face, and I practically convulse. He reaches up and tugs the duvet off the bed, then pushes me gently so I fall on to the mattress.

He leans forward. His hand moves my damp hair to the side. I feel him biting my neck softly. His kiss is demanding. His tongue and lips coaxing mine. I moan, and my tongue tentatively meets his. He puts his arms around me, and hauls me against his body, squeezing me tightly.

"If you could do anything with me...what would that be?"

"I would take you from behind Ms. De Santis. While I hold one side of your hip, while you brush your hair this way..."

I wake up suddenly. I see Adrianna, and Giuliana. Vittoria is holding a vase of fresh cut flowers.

"We are on vacation, and you are sleeping?"

"Come on, Gi. Perhaps she isn't getting familiar with the time zone difference?" She glances over her left shoulder.

"I'm fine, Vittoria. I was just feeling a little tired."

"You must have gotten heatstroke." Vittoria continues.

"Oh, I forgot...you're going to become a nurse."

"I don't know." Adrianna points towards me. "Perhaps she started feeling this way after she met with Mijan."

"Sex tiredness. I know how that feels!" Giuliana rolls her eyes.

"I know it will take an eternity to expunge the feel of his arms around me, and his wonderful fragrance from my head."

"Will you at least join us tonight?" Vittoria touches my legs.

"Shamil invited us for another party tonight. This will be our last one!"

"Thanks for the thought. But this is it for me. I've had enough of parties." I push myself up towards the head of the bed.

"Are you serious? Just tell us that you are joking?"

"If you're staying. Then, what are you planning to do here?"

"Sleep. Obviously."

"You can't stay here at the resort, alone. It's our second to last night here."

"I don't know. I won't sleep. I'll make something up though. I still haven't been to that gigantic pool slide. Maybe I'll try it out."

"We came here together and we're going to party together. Get ready, you are coming with us."

"Scarlett, you don't have to dress up too much. That floral dress you have, and flip flops will do just fine."

"We will stay on the beach; everything will be quieter."

"Fine! I'll go."

"We will be back soon. Come on Gi, let's get ready."

"I can't wait to try out that see-through-netting-body suit."

"You're going to have every guy's heads turning if you wear that!"

"I saw this one Brazilian singer wearing something similar to mine! I'm in love with her style!"

I watch Adrianna and Giuliana walking out of the room. I wait until the door is closed behind them, before turning to Vittoria.

"There is something I have to tell you." I whisper towards Vittoria while grabbing her forearm.

She furrows her eyebrows. "Tell me. What is going on?"

"Every time I sleep, I keep having these crazy dreams."

"What are you talking about? What kind of dreams?"

"They are weird."

"Weird?"

"Yea. Weird. Erotic weird. It seems like Mijan, and I had sex."

"Oh, what? You guys did go all the way?"

"No! I know for a fact that we didn't! After dinner, I got up, and I felt dizzy. Then everything went blank. When I woke up, I was already here at the resort."

"What happened between the time you were at his house, and when he dropped you off here?"

Suddenly, my phone vibrates. 100% battery.

"You know what I just remembered? I just realized that I was reading his text message when the battery died!"

"Let us read it! What does it say?"

I pull my iPhone from the charging cable and click on the icon for messages. There are no new messages from him.

"This is what he said. 'An emergency came up. I had to leave. I'll make it up to you. Helicopter ride, or scuba diving? Or... we've completed your profile in our company. Check it out." I glance awkwardly at Vittoria. "He sent me a link."

"Click on it."

I hoover my finger over the link.

"Where were you guys...that he had to leave suddenly?"

"He invited me to this pizzeria a few blocks from here. But see. Let me tell you the back story. When you guys left for Fatu Hiva, I decided to go get a cup of coffee. I see buddy's car parked across the street."

"He was there?"

"No. So I kept walking. Then, I'm crossing the doughnut shop and bam. I get face to face with Lexy."

"You saw her?"

"Yes. And I didn't waste time to ask where she was at the private party. She gave me an excuse that she was busy."

Vittoria uses her fingers to quote 'busy'.

"Right. Coincidence or not. I see Mijan's car, and then I see her, I asked what their connection was. I had a feeling they were working together."

"What did she say?"

"She never gave me an answer. Her phone started ringing and she used that as an escape goat. But then, my third red flag flashed in front of my eyes when I overhead her conversation."

"What did she say?"

"There is 'something' arriving. And she is going to pick 'it' up. I kind of have an idea what this 'it' is."

"What is it?"

"Teen girls."