47

21 HOURS EARLIER

"Do you ever go home?"

Tsukauchi looks up from his computer to see two heroes and the greenhaired boy he had grown so fond of.

"What's wrong?"

The two men in front of him somehow look even more exhausted than himself. He'd expected Izuku to look the same, but the teenager stood tall with a fire lit in those green eyes.

He holds the phone out to the detective who frowns upon reading the message. Tsukauchi takes the device before pressing a button on the office landline that pages the tech specialist.

She arrives as he's cleaning off a chair full of miscellaneous files and papers, stuffing them into a box he motions for the family to sit.

He's too tired to do the routine check in, he knew the family too well to ask them to stay put while the police handled the case.

Instead, he stares directly at the boy as he asks, "What do you want to do?"

"I want to save Inko and arrest Hisashi."

******************
20 HOURS EARLIER
Tsukauchi pulls Yamada to the side when Aizawa and Izuku leave to talk with the hostage negotiation team.

The hero student had defended his argument well. He was a child, yes. But a child with his provisional hero license and hours upon hours of training and experience that would help him achieve his goal.

Both men had agreed with the loose plan, but Tsukauchi had to make sure.

"Are you really okay with this, Mic?" The hero gives him a dead stare in response, "If you have any reservations, I can put up some red tape. He doesn't have to do this."

Hizashi sighs, running his hands through his hair. He felt as if he hadn't slept in weeks, constantly worried about his son while attempting to be his usual upbeat happy self. It was too much.

But the end was in sight.

"Of course I have reservations. We don't want to send him into the lions den, into the arms of someone who's caused him nothing but pain."

A part of it was guilt. They felt so bad about their fight with Izuku and were so desperate to fix things they'd do almost anything.

But the other part was more realistic.

Izuku had showed them the text immediately. He hadn't begged, he asked them, "If you don't let me do this, I won't hate you. I know you just want to keep me safe. But I want this to end. So please stand by my side, and trust me to finish this."

He was tired. His dads were tired.

"We trust him. He's made some mistakes, but he's a good kid, and a great hero," Hizashi gives the detective a tired smile, "So help us keep him safe."

Tsukauchi nods.
************

16 HOURS EARLIER

Amajiki is nervous when his parents call him at work study and ask to meet him at the police station. It's even more worrying when they request that FatGum and Kirishima come as well.

Which is why he finds himself in a small conference room with six other people. Izuku explains the situation quickly which leaves him with a sick feeling in his stomach.

After he's done, Aizawa speaks, "We can't be there ourselves. We'll be nearby, but since the situation is so critical, we can't let our emotions get in the way of the missions success."

Their emotions? What about his?

He wants to see Hisashi Midoriya suffer just as badly as their parents. He'd do anything to keep Izuku out of harms way.