Chapter 3:Miles Morales?

3rd person POV:

Miles jumps back in shock as Gwen taps his shoulder. He clearly hasn't expected any interaction. His face reddens again in embarrassment as he sits back up properly and stammers "Hi... hi Gwen." Gwen giggles at the reaction as she pulls out her books.

Miles POV:

"Why did you run off earlier? That was kind of rude of you" Gwen says. Oh Shit oh shit. How do I respond? I embarrassed myself again..... "I'm kidding, I'm messing with you, don't panic." I awkwardly smile and she smiles back. Why am I like this around her? I'm just so nervous and I can't think properly. 

Gosh her smile just warms me up inside, and I don't know why. I look away to avoid staring. The lesson goes by so quickly. We didn't talk much but we managed to get to know each other better; she's lived her whole life in New York(Queens). while I have only lived in New York for 1 year after moving from Brooklyn. I walk out of class and I don't know where to go, I just stand there awkwardly thinking about what to do, when suddenly, someone taps me on my shoulder. I look back and... it's Gwen. wonder what she wants.

Gwen POV:

Class was nice. I had a really good time with Miles. He seems really nice, and somehow he managed to do so much work while we were talking. Maybe he is that smart. As I pick up my things, I notice Miles disappeared. Huh. he's really good at that, it seems. I walk out of class, and Betty says "Gwen, lunch at the same place?" But I say, "Nah, head off without me, I might be going somewhere." MJ pouts and responds "You're always going off somewhere in random moments, lunch is one of the only times we actually see you more. Are you seeing someone? A boy?" She asked that final question with extreme interest. I blushed as I said "Noooooo I just have lots of stuff to do. Top student you know." I know that won't work, as although I'm a good grade, I'm no Miles, not a genius student. But I was only half lying; usually I go to do other things, but today I really wanted to see Miles. So technically I'm not lying right? "Right....." Betty says. "You can go, but I have my eye on you Miss Stacy." She says in all serious style, before bursting into laughter. Typical Betty. Where's Miles? I walk a bit and find him staring at some direction signs, face scrunched up in confusion. Poor kid, Visions is a big place. Took me a while to find my way here. That's how I met MJ. then met Betty when she was new. Stop Gwen. Help Miles now, think about the past later. I walk up to Miles and....

Miles POV:

"Miles! How are you?" She says as she playfully punches me on the shoulder. "I'm lost...." "I figured." Gwen replies "Same for me when I started out here around 3 years ago. Really confusing. And they're always making new stuff." That made me feel better. I felt like an idiot there, especially in front of her, but it wasn't a me thing luckily. "Miles.... Miles? Earth to Miles?" I shake my head to see Gwen staring at me in confusion. "Sorry... zoned out." "On?" I was about to say at her face, but I can't say that. She'll think I'm a weirdo. No "Uhhhh.. About my lunch. Ye" "Oh! Speaking of lunch, you feel like eating with me and my friends?" Gwen asks. "Maybe next time I'll join in. I enjoy sitting alone more."

Gwen POV:

Shit. I thought that would work. At least he said next time. But.. I already told MJ and Betty I won't be there soooooo. "How about I join you?" "Really?" He says. His face lit up, he's like a child. It's so cute. Wait, did I just think that? Shake it Gwen. "Yes sure, how about next to the bleachers, it's really quiet there during lunch, since the field is closed right now." "Sure!" Miles says. "I'll see you in a bit, I'll go get my stuff, I found my dorm on the board." We go our separate ways to grab our stuff. I grabbed my stuff, and as I was about to leave the door, I found myself checking my hair and fixing it. I never do that. What's into me today? I just shook it off as I walked over as I went to the bleachers. Miles had his food out, and he seems to be drawing in his notebook or something.....

And.... here's to another chapter! What IS going on with Gwen? And what is Miles doing with his notebook/sketchbook? 

And yet again, if there's any problems with my story anyone wants to talk to me, just comment. Any comment will be nice, even criticism.

P.S. I'll try my best to upload new chapters daily. Have a good day/night everyone!