Chapter 16: Guilt(Gwen POV)

Gwen POV:

Miles turns his head to look at me. The smile on his face slightly droops as he looks at me. I feel small as a mouse at that moment, as it feels like he's staring through my eyes into my soul. "Gwen....? What's up?" he asks with uncertainty. "Can we talk for a minute...?" I ask "Alone?" I mumble the last word out. He nods, and I'm relieved I didn't have to repeat myself. I lead him to the emptier corner of the canteen, where I say "Miles...... I just wanna apologize for earlier today.... You didn't have to do all that for me." "It's fine...." I hear an uncertain voice come from the boy's mouth. "But I know you weren't sick...... Why'd you ditch class? Especially after you told me you were going to be 'preparing for bio class' before you left me" Shit. Shit. I forgot I said that. I forgot about that lie. A white lie never hurts right? I can't even respond. I... don't know how to. "Look...." Miles says "Just tell me what's going on, and it'll be fine" I know he doesn't mean any harm, but I'm still scared to talk right now. I look up into those pure, innocent eyes. I don't want to, but I'll have to lie to them. "I can't....... Tell you."

"Why?" is the swift response I get, one that seems eager for a response, but won't be getting one. "I... just can't tell you." "Gwen..... You know you can trust me. I know you won't lie to me for no reason.... but you have to tell me." I know he's right.... But I can't risk it. He IS the only person who would probably understand that I'm Spider-Woman, but I can't risk it. Not yet. Plus now that I think about it, the later he gets into action the better. I can't stand to see anyone injured for my sake.... Not again. "Miles....." He's been staring at the wall for a bit, awaiting my response, and now snaps his vision back at me, eyes almost lighting with anticipation. "I can't tell you. Straight up. There's personal issues I have to deal with." Miles just stares at me, all the previous positive light in his eyes seeming to go out, his face just becoming blank. He turns away from me and says "I.... understand. You have your issues. I'll leave you to it then...." And starts walking away from me. I felt my heart break as he walked away from me. Seeing him like this, so.... empty, so different from his normal bright self, hurt more than if he yelled at me. I wanted to hug him, tell him everything, but I couldn't. My body felt as if it was frozen in place at that moment, unable to reassure him. He just walks away, with me unable to do anything about it....

-Time skip

-Time skip

I saw Miles this morning, he just.... Walked past me without a word..... I couldn't do anything about it. I wanted to talk to him, but every time I tried to talk to him, his face just seemed so.... Almost broken. And I couldn't find the words to talk to him without almost breaking down myself. I felt so bad that I had to lie to him... I felt like I betrayed his trust..... And I know from his words he values trust a lot.... I didn't think this through. He's so insecure...... has so many trust issues. How can I approach him.... Unless.....?

-Time skip

-Time skip

(Friday afternoon, still Gwen POV)

I see Miles get home. Though the window I watch as he unpacks his things and lies on his bed... Listening to... Sunflower again. Knew it. He just loves that song. WHoosh! (Idk sound effect 😅) A book flies right past my face as I dodge. Thank spider-senses. I look back, to see Miles staring at me through his window, eyeing me with skepticism. I forgot he has spider-senses too.... He probably knew I was there for a while. "Why are you here?" he asks. I feel the tension come off me for the first time all week since the incident. For the first time in days, which felt like months, he's talking to me, normally. Come on Gwen. Tell him what you came here for.... Tell him your Spider-Woman. Admit it to him. "I......" But I can't. I couldn't bring myself to do it. " 've come to continue your training!" His eyes widen in surprise, as he hops onto the window edge. "Woah there" I said. Eyeing him to make sure he doesn't fall. He flashes me a confident smile. "I've been practicing" He says as he puts his hand on the wall, and slowly starts walking up the wall. Before he keeps going, he pulls up his hoodie after looking around. Smart. He doesn't wanna get seen. He keeps walking up, slowly but surely getting to the top. He starts cheering as he approaches the top; "Wooooo! I got this! I'm Spider-man!" He's already got a nickname for himself. Cute. "AHHHHHHH!" A surprised scream grips my attention, since I was focusing on my web shooters. Miles.... Lost his grip. 

"MILES!"

So here's chapter 16: Guilt. And a new approach, next chapter's gonna be also named 'Guilt' just from Miles POV. Wonder what kinda differences are there from their POVs. After that, it's gonna be back to the storyline, following up from what happens here.  probably is a 1 time thing, not sure. Just testing this out to see how it goes. Tell me how you feel about it in the comments though.