Chapter 22: Lightning?

Gwen POV:

I swing through the city as fast as I can. It's not like I wasn't gonna go and stop the attack on the park, but maybe i wouldn't have rushed as much before seeing the post. But knowing that Miles is at the park, I can't risk anything. I don't want anyone hurt, but especially him...... especially when he has his parents around. I hop on a building overlooking the park nearby, and I just.... pause. Maybe..... I should've thought this through.... Maybe not rushed so much. Damn Miles..... I worry so much about him...... What do I do now? I have no plan, not enough info, and a half full stomach, only eating 2 slices of toast and a hot chocolate for brekkie. GREAT.

-Mini time skip

I watch the park from above, looking for any suspicious looking people in the streets above, munching on the burger and fries I just got from a mini food stall close to the park. Damn. Burgers are always great. But as I take another munch.....

BOOM!

BOOM!

I watch as a massive explosion destroys the gates of the park. Luckily it's early, and there's not many people there. But I gotta hurry. I look longingly at the rest of my meal as I leave it on the roof and I swing down for action. As I swing in, I assess the situation. There's a bunch of goons near the entrance, blowing stuff up and robbing people..... No sign of the big guns. I swing in and deal with the goons. (skip the fight since it's not important). That was a good warm up. Gwen-1, 20 armed goons? Score of 0. So no.... Where are the big guns? Where are Tombstone and Electro?

ZAP!

A shock blast hits me, and sends me flying into a wall. Looks like I found them. I know that it was Electro. Should make a mental note to never think too much in the middle of a fighting zone. Focus on reflexes. Focus on my senses. As I look up, I watch as Electro slowly floats off the head of a mini sculpture of Peter Pan, floating on his electric energy. As I watch him, I hear the sound of cracking knuckles on my left. Tombstone. Seems to have ditched the guns for now, but seems to have gotten stronger. Not good. "It's a 2 versus 1 Spider-woman. Odds are against you." I chuckle. "You'll need more than two to beat me. And I'm Spider-woman. I always beat the odds." (Yea, real original dialogue from me, definitely not cliché :D) Tombstone chuckles in his usual, deep and rough voice. "Unmask yourself and give up. Maybe you'll get to live then." He says. I give them 1 word before I shoot a web at a wall and use it as a springboard towards Tombstone. "Never"

-Time skip

3rd person POV:

Spider-woman's been fighting for a while. And as much as she'll like to admit, both of them have gotten stronger. Her agile moves, her speed, and her strength is top tier as always, but they've gotten a lot tougher than the last time they thought. Plus.... Gwen really didn't feel that well, and as sharp as usual. "UGH!" She screamed in pain as she was blasted into the wall. "Tombstone cracked his muscles as he approached her weak body, which was slowly slumping on the wall. "So.... time to unmask the wonder girl....." He said as he approached her, hand reaching for the mask. As he was about to go for it, he got sent flying into a wall.... Hit by a car. Electro looks at the damage, shocked. "WHO DARES?" He roared. 

"Me" A calm voice rings clearly

"Me" A calm voice rings clearly. Gwen looks through her mask at it, expecting Prowler, but sees...... a boy in a Spider-Man mask? Then she realized.... The voice was oddly familiar. And who else in the city has the power to throw a car without breaking a sweat? Miles. "Die!" was the only word coming from Electro as he flew towards the masked boy. "I've spent so long trying to bring down Spider-Woman, I'm not getting stopped by some kid who thinks he is a hero!" He yells. "Feel the wrath of a thousand bolts!" He swung with hands cackling in electricity at Miles. Gwen tries to tell Miles to run, but can't through the pain. Why hasn't Miles moved though? She thought. Is he that stupid? At the last second, Miles makes a great dodge, and connects a great right hook into Electro's face. Electro gets sent flying into the wall nearby. His raw strength is incredible, Gwen noted. "Gwanda!" Miles says as he runs towards her. "You ok?" He asked. "I've had better days," She replied. Miles gives her a concerned look, one she could see through the terribly made toy mask her was wearing. "I'm ok..." She says as she tried to get up, but then quickly fell down again in pain. "You're clearly not." Miles said. "Stay here." They locked eyes, and even through the fabric of both masks, Gwen could see the determination swimming in his eyes. And even through her mask, Miles could tell she was clearly holding a look of worry. Gwen wanted to let him have a go, she really wanted to. But she can't let him. She can't let someone she cares about go like this.... Not again. "And let you go there alone? You can't Miles." She said sternly. "I'm not leaving. You'll die" Miles said calmly. "And I'm not letting you die." He finished as he turned away from her, refusing to meet her eyes again. He watched carefully as Electro and Tombstone both ran at him, and he took a deep breath, and charged, hands glowing in.... Orangish lighting? 

 Orangish lighting? 

So.... Here we go! We finally have Miles in action! How will he fare in his fight? Will Gwen recover? What will Tombstone and Electro do now? Find out next chapter.

P.S. Can anyone guess where the orange lightning is from?