Chapter 50: Did you even care?

3rd person POV:

Miles looked at Margo, lightning dancing around his body menacingly. Gwen looked at Miles with worry..... Margo looked on, bearing a face of many emotions; anger, guilt, sadness, but she was also scared..... she didn't know what Miles would do now. She's seen what the boy was capable of now.... and she was afraid of what Miles would do. She's like Gwen, looking from a short distance..... And her legs couldn't help but tremble. Miles looked like he had the ability to blast her into nothing in a blink of the eye. And his expression.... Made her think he probably wanted to. A dark and empty look masked his face..... And Margo felt her body cower as his hand moved.... And what happened next..... Destroyed her.

Miles pointed at her, but to her surprise, lightning didn't blast from his fingers

Miles pointed at her, but to her surprise, lightning didn't blast from his fingers.... Words came from his mouth. "So you dated Flash, and you thought I didn't know, and now you're coming back to my life thinking you can just date me. That's not how it works. I'm not just a thing you can play with whenever you want. I'm a human." Margo stammered "I-" But Miles cut her off. "You can't even begin to understand what you did to me. All my life you were my favorite person..... You weren't always there, but you were there more than my busy parents. And you were there to protect me..... My only friend. Or at least that's what I thought. So what is it now? Was all that a lie?" Margo tried to talk again, but was yet again cut off by Miles. "Breaking my heart was fine..... But with my biggest enemy? My school bully? That's not cool. And then.... Once what? He dumps you and you come back to me expecting me to love you? And what about caring for me after I cut you off? Did you not even consider checking up on me? What if something happened to me? What if I was going through something? Did you even care?"

Once again, that line 'did you even care' shot through her heart like an arrow..... But not a good one.... a deadly and poisonous one.... One that inflicted sadness and guilt.... Not love and ecstasy. Margo struggled to level with Miles and meet his gaze.... And when she did, she immediately looked away. Miles's eyes didn't harbor hate and anger like she thought they would.... With good reason. They were full of confusion, sadness.... And betrayal. The eyes of a broken boy who didn't understand why fate had done this to him. No, why she had done this to him. "I.... I'm sorry." Was all Margo managed. Her mind was in shambles at that moment.... She didn't know what to say, she couldn't think of any words to respond... to defend herself in any way (Not like there were any that would've worked anyway.). "Sorry?" Miles said, and laughed hollowly. "You used me, played with me (in a figurative sense, like she used him like a toy for entertainment.), then broke me... destroyed my heart.... I cared so much about you..... And this is all I get? A measly sorry? You never cared did you.....?" Miles finally turned away. "I don't want to see you ever again."

(Jeez this look from Miles from the movie is so perfect for this scene

(Jeez this look from Miles from the movie is so perfect for this scene.)

"No...." Margo said, tears forming in her eyes. She broke down. Miles had broken her with his words instead of his powers. Margo dropped to her knees, grabbed her own hair and burst into tears. Miles just looked on emptily, giving no response. Gwen observed the scene in front of her. If it wasn't for the fact that her leg felt broken, and the fact she had to witness her boyfriend go through all that, she would've laughed at Margo. That girl, in her mind, deserved all this. Treating anyone like this was just morally wrong in so many ways... and to do this to sweet Miles.... her Miles.....unacceptable. The two turned back as they heard Margo start to choke violently on something, and she started shaking uncontrollably. She seemed to open her mouth to scream, or call for help, but nothing came out. Miles stayed where he was, unsure of what was happening and how to respond to it. But he didn't have time anyway. A second later, Miles watched as a blinding light consumed the girl. As he opened his eyes again to look at Margo Kess, the girl was sprawled on the ground, seemingly unconscious. Miles sighed, and turned back to look at Gwen, who looked at him with a face of horror, pity, anger, sympathy.... so much was going through her head at the two locked eyes. "I'm so sorry you had to see all that." Miles said. "I'll understand if you see me differently now or anything-" He was cut off as Gwen just responded with a hug. "It's ok," She said. "I told you once before..... We'll go through it together." She said, and pecked him on the cheek, and Miles let a small smile in. "I love you." Miles said, kissing her forehead, earning a laugh from the girl. "Me too...." The girl replied, as Miles picked her up, since her injured leg made it difficult for her to walk.

But as they talked, they didn't realize..... Behind them.....Margo Kess had slowly stirred awake.... one eye opened.....

So there we go! Chapter 50 people. Did you guys like how I wrote this conversation? Did you like how it played out? I don't have really good experience of long dialogues. Especially one that's so emotional.  So any comments and tips would be nice.

Also.... What is Margo gonna do? Will she do anything? Or am I being a dramatic writer and she's just gonna fall back unconscious right after this happens and I'm just trolling everyone?