Chapter 32: Miles......

3rd person POV:

Gwen knew Mj was probably right. She never liked it when someone was right instead of her, but this one definitely takes the cake. What does she do with the information? She felt herself slump a bit down the chair, as she wondered what to do next.... She had no idea. She's never been in love before, and it scared her. She always found it funny how girls would swoon over boys, and go crazy over boys they liked. Now she's part of that. No, she hasn't completely fallen head over heels for Miles, but she still liked him a LOT. More than she'll like to admit. And she had no idea what to do. What should she do next? Does this change how she acts around Miles? Does Miles like her back? So many questions were spinning in her head, yet she didn't know where to look for answers. MJ just laughed at her friend obviously struggling with the information, knowing Gwen realized she was right. "Ah... the things love does to you... isn't it great Gwen?" She says. Gwen didn't even have the energy to argue or retaliate, all she could do was manage a little smile. To Gwen, it was in fact NOT great, she had no idea how to deal with this. Although she was a social person, she never really was close with any boys, never mind liked one.

-Time skip

Gwen and MJ are walking back towards their homes as they finish their day out. MJ waves bye to Gwen, as they both head for different types of transport for their ways home. Gwen arrives home, and she lies on her bed, and just sighs into her pillow "Miles......" She said to herself. The events of the conversation earlier replayed in her mind, and she groaned into the empty room. "Miles....." How had this boy done this? How had so seamlessly gotten into her life, and now had stolen her heart. What does she do now? Yet again, she didn't know..... As she rolled around in her bed, lost in her thoughts, she was cut off by her phone ringing. Gwen just picked it up, happy to have a reason not to think about Miles. But it was Miles calling. "Gwen?" he said. Caught off guard, Gwen took a second to compose herself. "Miles?" She asked. "What's up?" Gwen noted that Miles seemed to be in a bit of a panic. "Gwen, you gotta come downtown. Olivia Octavius is running around demanding for you! Police stand no chance against him!" "Shit" Gwen said as she ran across the house, getting her costume on. "I'm coming now. Stay where you are, stay safe." Gwen heard Miles try to talk, but hung up as she prepared to swing out her window.

-Time skip

Gwen landed on a rooftop near downtown, where Olivia Octavius was destroying the police resistance midtown. She swung down, and hit a clean kick on her face, making Olivia drop a few officers she was taking captive. "So there you are...." The villain hissed at her. "I mean you called, so I came. That's how it works doesn't it?" Spider-woman said, before shooting a web at her face. Octavius cut it with a claw, sending another at Spider-woman. But as always, she gracefully dodged and was able to land on a wall nearby.

-Time skip

The battle moves from the streets into an empty museum, where Spider-woman is able to fight Octavius without the fear of injuring innocents in the battle. Spider-woman kicks her through a wall, and Octavius crumbles against a pillar. She wipes some blood from her mouth "Weak" She said, as a tentacle shot at Spider-woman. Spider-woman dodged the hit, jumping aside, but was caught off guard as all eight tentacles came at her. She gasped in pain as she was slammed against the wall. "How?" She let out a pained groan. Octavius smiled, a malicious element dancing in her eyes as she watched her victim in her grasp. "I got stronger.... Now I'm able to control all 8 perfectly at once.... Impressive?" Spider-woman groaned in pain. Octavius let out an evil laugh. "Finally.... I have you in my grasp....... Weak and helpless." 

She glared at Spider-woman, who was helplessly trying to break free from the grasp of all 8 metal claws holding her down

She glared at Spider-woman, who was helplessly trying to break free from the grasp of all 8 metal claws holding her down. Octavius starts to move closer, and says "Time to see who you are.... Before I kill you" She approached her victim, hand stretched out and prepared to pull out the mask. As she was about to, she was hit in the head...... by a balled up piece of paper. But it catches her attention. "Who...?" She looked around, looking for the culprit. Out of the corner of her eye, She sees a movement through the dark museum. "You!" she shouted, throwing a sculpture at the area. A dark silhouette was shown jumping as the figure dodge the projectile with relative ease. "Show yourself!" She screamed.

"With pleasure" the voice of a teenage boy rang through the room

"With pleasure" the voice of a teenage boy rang through the room. The figure walked into the light, to reveal a masked person, wearing what seemed to be a spray painted mask, wearing a jacket on top of what seemed to be a spray painted suit, wearing Jordans at the end. "And you are.....?" She asked. "Spider-Man" The boy said, before jumping at her, hands glowing with an orangish glow. "Feel my venom blast!" He yelled as he jumped down. Octavius looked and laughed, thinking this was just some random superpowered child, but Gwen smirked from behind the mask; it was Miles, and he was perfectly capable of dealing with her. Octavius sent 2 of her claws at Miles, who sent one away with a blast before dodging the other and landing a hit on Octavius, who was sent flying into a wall, body smoking from the hit. "You ok?" Miles asked, helping Gwen up. "Yes" She answered, but pushed Miles behind her as she stood up. "Miles......I told you to stay where you were, didn't tell you to come" Miles chuckled. "I did. I was in the area and I was around when it happened. So I didn't defy rules." The girl facepalmed her mask. This boy...... so annoying.... But she also loved it. She groaned, knowing she couldn't get rid of Miles even if she wanted, and she really didn't. She always liked him around, and with the recent... revelation she had, she really couldn't. The 2 looked around as their senses tingled, and both jumped to different sides as claws sprung at them.

-Time skip

Octavius was a real threat, but the combined forces of Miles and Gwen were too tough to handle. Octavius started to struggle with time, with the 2 agile heroes being able to dodge her attacks. As Octavius staggered after one attack, Gwen looked towards Miles, and through the masks the 2 locked eyes, and there was a mutual understanding between the two: It was time to end this. The 2 jumped to different points, and Gwen started to web up Octavius, who was struggling at this point to easily take them down. And while she was distracted by the webbing, Miles charged up his blue blast. As he charged up a big beam, he winced as glowing patterns started to show on his hands. But he fought through the pain, and sent a huge blast at Octavius, who muttered "Shit" as the big ball of energy approached her.

BANG!

As the smoke dissipated, it reveals Octavius sprawled on the ground, unconscious. Police showed up at the scene, which included Gwen's dad. He walked in on the scene, and looked up as his daughter took one last look. They locked eyes, and he mouthed 'thanks' And she nodded as she swung through a hole blown through the glass roof. 

And..... that it for the chapter. Miles is starting to get more action, and he's more used to his powers now. 

How do ya'll feel about the introduction of more villains? do ya'll want more action? Or do ya'll prefer more Miles and Gwen stuff? Or just a good balance of both? Tell me in the comments.