Chapter 5: What was that.....?

3rd person POV:

In an apartment, a man looks up from his book as he hears tapping on glass. Uncle Aaron smiles as he watches Miles tapping on the glass. He unlocks the glass door to a mini balcony which has a fire escape, which is how Miles always comes in. Miles isn't the loudest kid around, but he's definitely adventurous and different. That's something Uncle Aaron has always liked about his nephew. Although he holds the good values drilled into him by his policeman dad and occasionally strict mom, he still has that adventurous and free side of him that really connects with Uncle Aaron, probably due to the fact that Jefferson Davis used to be exactly like Uncle Aaron, before he turned into a "good kid" in Aaron's own words; a respectable move, but Aaron always liked to break the rules at times.

"Miles! What are you doing here? I thought you'd be at school?" His uncle asks. Miles shifts uncomfortably as he replies "I know, but there's still time till curfew and... The new school is overwhelming..... So I came to you." Aaron Davis ruffles his nephew's hair as he says "Tell me about it. Then I'll bring you somewhere. You don't tell your dad I won't tell him you left school." Miles winks at his uncle as he describes his first day. How school seemed almost too easy for him at times, but also how the campus and its people were overwhelming, his dad that morning, and finally.... Gwen. "Well you were always a smart kid.... I've heard, Visions is a big prestigious school after all. Ye, your dad always has to be more affectionate; it's not just a dad thing, it's a him thing after all We both know." Uncle Aaron responds to all his concerns, as he finally turns to look Miles in the eyes. "A girl you say? I shouldn't be surprised, it runs in the family, attracting girls." Miles laughs as he shifts nervously. "Chill... I don't know yet... I don't know if she likes me, I'm also uh... exploring my feelings." Miles laughs as he says. "Ok Miles, I'll let you off this time.... But if you ever change your mind, you know how to find me. I can't have a nephew with no game y'know?" Miles nods, and as the conversation wraps out they head out for the 'place' Uncle Aaron has for Miles.

3rd person POV:

Miles and his uncle leave the building through the fire escape, and walk down the alley all the way down. Uncle Aaron helps Miles over a metal door through a mini construction site, then walk through a tiny manhole in the ground. After a little walk in the underground, led by Uncle Aaron and his flashlight, Uncle Aaron turns a switch to a very big room. "What is this.....?" Miles says. Uncle Aaron nods at the bag in the ground, which Miles picks up.... To find lots of spray cans. Miles's face of confusion lights up as he looks at Uncle Aaron, who nods in approval as Miles takes the cap off one of the cans and walks to the wall.

-Mini time skip.

After a long while, Miles and his Uncle Aaron finally finish the spray painting on the wall

After a long while, Miles and his Uncle Aaron finally finish the spray painting on the wall. Miles's Uncle nods in approvement as he looks at the painting on the wall. "I see what you're doing here Miles" He says. "Your dad and I used to do this all the time. You've got your old man's hands of art." Miles scoffs as he looks at Uncle Aaron, just to look in shock to see his Uncle wasn't lying. "Serious?" His uncle nodded and Miles just muttered..."I never knew.... Though he was always a cop." "He used to do this stuff with me all the time... But something just clicked... and he decided to be the good guy. Still love him, but now we've gone our separate ways." Uncle Aaron looks at his watch as he says, "Look at the time, you need to go soon." Miles nods but signals for his uncle to help him take a picture. After the picture, Miles walks out of the room, and as he takes one last look at the spray painting, he feels a pain in his arm. He looks down and sees..... A spider. A spider bit him. He looks in confusion as he doesn't recognize the spider type, but just waves it off as he smacks the spider on the ground, and seems to kill it. Uncle Aaron raises an eyebrow, seeing Miles wince, but Miles says "Let's go"; as they turn off the light and walk out. 

And here's another chapter... Uncle Aaron is here! And Miles gets bitten? What will happen next? (You probably know). Yet again if you have any ideas or criticisms, or just random comments, I'll be happy yo take them.