Chapter 13: Thanks for 1k!

First of all, thanks for 1k views and stuff, the support has been unreal considering how new this story is and considering it's my first story :) Now back to the story.

Real title: The rooftop

Miles POV:

(It's Monday, back to school)

Ugh... School again. Weekend went by so quickly. And my muscles are so sore..... Really took all my energy to get home yesterday. My mom was so worried when she saw me, but luckily.... Spider-healing I guess? Came in clutch. I didn't look that injured when I got home. I just told mom and dad I 'fell down the stairs' and they took it. I walk into campus, and damn... right back into the chaos. I walk in, and see Ganke waving at me. "Miles!" He shouted. Raising his hand for a high-five, which I happily oblige. He goes with me to our dorm, where I unpacked things out of my bag for the week. We discuss a bit about homework and class, then we head off to our respective classes.

-Time skip

Gwen wasn't in any of our classes, and...... it was boring. Not to be arrogant, but I'm just so smart that classes are kinda boring. And without Gwen around, I really just struggle to have fun. The boys are cool, but I've yet to know them well enough, and they're just not as fun. As I walk out of class, my head hurts, as if someone had hit me straight in the head with a textbook. It's almost like it's pointing me in 1 direction. And who was in that direction? Gwen. I feel my mood rapidly improve as I see her, with those big blue eyes, her beautiful blonde hair with the little pink highlights in the end.... Oof! I get slammed into the hallway traffic as I realize I was thinking about Gwen too much. Why do I do that so much? I stumble forward, and try to find Gwen, and then I realize... She probably has other friends... Maybe she'll have more fun with them( Miles is still at times insecure, due to his still more introverted nature😶)....... I walk off towards my dorm instead to get my food.....

(yet again, great fanart, don't know the artist but credit to them

(yet again, great fanart, don't know the artist but credit to them.)

Gwen POV:

Class is so boringggggg. Even though I had spent a lot of period 1 going through band parts with MJ and Betty, I was still so bored. Why is maths so hard? Who thought it was a good idea to put letters in maths? Who thought learning geometry and like stupid formulas is a good idea? (Definitely not ranting about the questions that go through my head regularly 😐) Geography is also very boring, who wants to learn about rocks and maps? (Personally I like Geo but also these topics are boring at times🫠) As I walk out of class, I am just filled with freedom. I almost do a victory dance for it. Betty and MJ join me in the hallway. Lucky bastards get to share Geo together. We chatted a bit more about band stuff, and to be honest, I really wanted to stick with them, but... Miles. I just love being with him. He just gives me a vibe that makes me feel free to be myself, and he's just fun to be with. He always finds some way to entertain me, and..... I also want to be around him since he's now... also a spider person. I apologize for leaving my friends again, with MJ once again giving me 'the look'. She's so annoying sometimes without even trying. I walk around the corridors, looking for him, but he's missing. But... I think I know where he'll be.

I head towards the rooftop, and as I approach it, my spider sense is ringing. But I know it's because I'm right, and Miles is here. He gives my spider sense a good ring, not the dangerous one that could be annoying at times. I open the door, to see Miles sitting on the edge of the roof. I skip a beat.... I know he has his powers, but that's still a daring move. He has little control and understanding of his powers, and he doesn't even have web-shooters to save him. I cautiously walk up to him, and put my head on his shoulder as I sit next to him. He looks around, shocked, but a smile seems to form on his face, changing from what seemed to be a.... Sad face? I can't read his body language right now, especially on the edge of a building. His body seems to be more loose now though, and I feel happy inside knowing that he seems to be comfortable around me.

"So where'd you go? Don't you miss me?" I tease as I boop him in the nose. He looks away for a moment, until saying, seemingly uneasily, "I saw you with your friends.... Thought you'll have more fun with them ...." His voice trails away, as he looks the other direction once again, but seemingly tensing up more. I look on in shock. "Miles.... You're one of the best people I know. We've been friends for one week, and that's what makes it more special to me. You're so incredible and you're such an important person to me. Never say that again." Miles looks back in surprise, but with a smile forming on his face. I smile in response, happy that he's stopped this stupid thought process. I know he's insecure, but never thought he'll think he's inferior to my other friends, especially when he's probably the best I have. He stares off in the distance, and I catch myself looking at him. His bigger structure, that fluffy hair, his eyes that always shine in curiosity and fun. "Gwen....? Gwen?" I hear Miles calling me, and I feel a blush go to my face, as I realize I've been staring. "Gwen....? You ok?" I struggle to find the words in response...... BOOM! An explosion rings in the distance, saving me and catching both our attention.....

Woooo! 1k! thank you everyone! And here's some slightly more cheesy content for those who want to see that kinda thing(I mean ngl me too they're cute together; Please I need Beyond the Spider verse ASAP).

P.S. Guess what caught their attention at the end of the chapter? Guess in the comments.