Chapter 21: Fantastic park?

3rd person POV:

BOOM!

 Gwen skids on the ground as a mini explosion erupted in front of her. As the smoke dissipates, she looks at the scene...... The burglar was a.....robot? And the robot's back was completely destroyed, taking the brunt of the impact. Smoke was everywhere and there was a bluish glow on the pieces of the robot that had been blown off... weird. After checking up on the woman, Gwen swung back up to the top of the building. Miles was sitting there, hood on his face, clutching his hand intensely. "Miles?" She asked. Miles looked up at her..... "Gwanda? " A perplexed look forms behind the mask as Gwen looks at the boy in confusion. "What's with your arm?" Miles turns away.... Almost scared? "It's fine," he says. Gwen raises an eyebrow behind the mask. She knows he's lying. But why? She pushes Miles, enough to get his grip off his other arm but enough to ensure she doesn't hurt him. She pulls his arm sleeve up, to see.... Half his arm glowing? "What....." She says in surprise. Her eyes widen in realization as she remembers how the robot was destroyed, and how she saw the after effects of what seemed to be a blue.... Glowing.... Energy......

(Idk where this is from but it's cool asf

(Idk where this is from but it's cool asf. Fits well for the blast that breaks the robot.)

She connected the dots. "It was you?" She asks. Miles's eyes widen as he says "What was me? Ok it was me." He answered sheepishly. Gwen stares at him, an awe in her eyes(Though Miles can't see obviously) "You can shoot laser beams?" She asked. "Ye..... I've learned I have the ability for a bit of time now...." He answered, his hand in his hair to cover his awkwardness. Gwen noted he does that a LOT. "SO ye..... I can shoot blue laser beams, not entirely sure how to fully control them yet..." He says. "Wait.... A blue laser beam?....." Gwen's voice drifting off as she wonders. Then she remembered. Morbius got hit by a...... blue laser beam (Chapter 14). A blue laser beam that knocked him clean out. Then right after... she ran into Miles close to class.... Near a school balcony. Pretty close timing.... And, the beam was fired as the fight approached the school..... Definitely in firing range. The dots connected in her mind. It all made sense.

"Miles" She started "Did you happen to see when I fought Morbius?" She answered with deadly calm. She looked at Miles, who's face slowly morphed into a surprised and nervous smile. "Me.....? No. Like if you mean like at the scene? Uh no. I was at school." He stuttered, knowing he was.... In trouble. "I happen to know you got to Vision academy. Where the fight ended." She answered. Miles started to sweat buckets. He laughed nervously at that response. With no answer, She continued. "Conveniently, around the school you go to, a beam of blue laser energy happened to fire out and hit Morbius." Miles continued smiling nervously "What a coincidence huh?" He gulped as he watched the eyes on her mask close into slits. He could feel the glare through the fabric of the mask. "Ok.... you caught me. I shot him. I tried to help...." his back slumps further down the wall, knowing Spider-woman didn't want him to be in action. He looked down, expecting a shout of disapproval, or even another slap (Chapter 19) But instead, she.... Hugged him. Miles definitely didn't expect it. It definitely caught him off guard. Miles slowly returned the hug, patting her in the back, initially in awkwardness, putting her hand on her back, but slowly melting into the warm hug.