Chapter 26: Forgiveness

3rd person POV:

"GWEN?"

She was about to get up and hug the boy in relief, but the word that came out of his mouth stunned her. "Who's Gwen?" she laughed nervously. "My name is Gwanda '' Then she froze, feeling..... The wind was blowing on her face... the face that was supposed to be covered by a mask...... Miles just looks on in shock as he says "You- Gwen- Spider-woman-" The girl turns away from him, hugging herself for support. "Now you know why I couldn't tell you my issues last time...." She said, tears slowly starting to reform in her eyes "You probably hate me more now don't you? I lied to you for a while-" Her words were cut short as Miles hugged her. She's shocked by the gesture, but she doesn't question it. She buries her head into his chest and bawls her eyes out. "I'm- so sorry-" She cries through the tears. Miles patted her head in an attempt to calm her down. 

(This is from @hqgwiles on Twitter/X

(This is from @hqgwiles on Twitter/X. Whatever people call it now.)

"Look Gwen-" He begins. Gwen wipes the tears from her eyes and looks at him, still allowing tears to fall down her face. "I- forgive you. You hid your identity to protect yourself and the people you care about. I respect it. I understand. And I'm- sorry for overreacting previously." He says. Gwen starts wiping her eyes off fully as a little smile returns to her face. Miles releases his grip on her as she releases a little laugh. Miles laughs as well as he says "And I'm sorry for blowing your mask off. On accident" He holds up his hands as a sign of innocence.

She gives him a little punch on the shoulder. "As you should," She replied. "Also," She says. Miles looks on in curiosity on what she's gonna say next. She gives him a slap on the face. "OW! WHAT WAS THAT FOR?" Miles yells, jumping back in shock. "That," she points a finger at his chest "Is for going over your limits, literally knocking yourself out in the process to save my ass" She says. "Never do that again. I can handle things for myself" Miles just holds his face as he replies "Sureeeeeee" Gwen raises an eyebrow at him. "I'm serious. Next time, don't dare try this again. I can't have you die. If you die. I'll kill you." Miles squeaks nervously "How does that even work....." But he comes to the realization "WAIT! Next time? Does this mean I get to join you?" Gwen sighs as his eyes sparkle in excitement. "Well..... Maybe. You've proved yourself a lot this time so..... I might consider it." "YAY!" He squeals like a little child. Gwen can only chuckle at his actions, as she always did.

"So...." Miles said "I probably should go to my parents. They'll be worried sick at this point." Gwen nods. Donning the hoodie on her suit instead, she quickly dropped him off near the park before quickly swinging away from Miles after a quick goodbye.

"Miles! Mi hijo!" His mom yells as she sees him, wrapping him in a tight hug, his dad following suit

"Miles! Mi hijo!" His mom yells as she sees him, wrapping him in a tight hug, his dad following suit. "Mami, I'm okay, calm down, I just got lost in the crowd." he said. "Why are you in a Spider-Man costume?" His dad asks. "Uh.... I'm not sure" Miles stammers, knowing he really should've taken it off. "And your clothes are a mess!" His mom says exasperatedly. "I know, I was in the crowd, there was lots of panic, that's it." He says to his mom, trying to be as calm as possible. "Ok..... If you say so, boy. Let's go home now and get you fixed up." his dad says as they all walk from the damage at the park.

-Time skip (Monday)

"MILES!" He turns around to see Gwen running in his direction. Miles smiled, Honestly, he missed this. Seeing her every morning, hanging out with her all day. Those few days of school were hell in his eyes without her. No one seemed to get through to him like she did. He had friends, yes, but none of them have that incredible connection to him that she did. That comfortable feeling she gave him. That sense of freedom to be himself. The way their vibes just seemed to match. He loved it. That's why she's so valuable to him. She effortlessly just makes him forget his issues and just helps him enjoy himself.

The two walked down the hallway, quietly talking about the day before. "And I remember that hit you took. Are you sure you're ok?" Miles asked her. Gwen nods her head in annoyance, though a little smile is plastered on her face. "Yes, I'm a fine spider-boy," She answered. "You're the one that knocked himself out during the fight." She laughed. Miles huffed "Only to save you" He said. "I know, I know," She said. "You did well though" She says, to catch a surprised look from Miles. "I'm serious though," She says as they reach the dorms. "You might make a pretty good hero. Maybe."                                                                                                                                                  

See, no cliffhanger. There's no way that counts as a cliffhanger right? Also, yay! Miles and Gwen made up! Forgave one another! And Miles finally found out! What happens next? You'll find out next chapter.