Chapter 35: Rest

3rd person POV:

(It's Monday morning)

Miles draws in class, as he's early. He was waiting for Gwen at the entrance, but she took too long. He didn't wanna be late for class. He watches as people pile into the physics classroom, but no Gwen. 'Maybe she's sick' he thought to himself, knowing that even spider-people can catch illnesses. As the teacher marks the roll, the door opens, and Gwen walks in. She looks fine on the surface, but Miles, as always, pays close attention to her, and notices she has bags under her eyes, and her face generally just looks very tired. As Gwen sat down next to him, she gave him a small smile before pulling out her books. Once the teacher laid out the lesson plan and gave them the classwork, Gwen slowly slid down on the table behind her book, face falling onto her shoulders. "You ok?" Miles looked at her. "Mhm-" Gwen replied, her words muffled by the sweater she was wearing.

"You look tired," Miles commented. "Whatttt? That's crazy" Gwen said, letting out a chuckle. "Have some rest" Miles said "Just go to sleep. I'll cover for you" Gwen finally looked out, and furrowed her eyebrows "But I'll miss the lesson content" Miles gave her a warm smile. "I'll just teach you later it'll be fine" Gwen thought about it, and she liked the idea. Good rest and she can be guaranteed to spend more time with Miles today. But then she remembered something. "Aren't you hanging out with 'the boys' tonight? You mentioned it last week" Gwen looked on as Miles seemed to go deep in thought. He waved it off "It'll be fine. There's always next time" Gwen didn't want to get in the way of his other friends though "But-" But Miles cut her off quickly. "No ifs, not buts. This is final," He said sternly. Gwen tried to open her mouth to retaliate, but Miles was quicker. "Look Gwen, your health is important. If you're not healthy, I'll worry. And do you really wanna keep me worried?" Gwen didn't know how to respond to that. She was speechless. She knew how rare all his friends could go out and hang together at times, yet he was willing to throw all that away just for her without any hesitation for thought. It warmed her heart that he cared..... That much for her. She just nodded at Miles, lay down on the table, and closed her eyes as sleep quickly consumed her.

(Idk where this is from but it looks funny so yea.) 

-Time skip

Luckily for Gwen, the teacher was busy today, and Miles went through the work, while making sure at the same time Gwen was having a good rest. As class ends, Gwen wakes up with the perfect timing. She looks up to see Miles just staring at her, a little smile plastered on his face. Gwen smiles back, but Miles just doesn't seem to register. "Miles...?" She says. Mile seems to snap out of it as he looks away, before saying "hey Gwen, sleep well?" Gwen looked at Miles, confused by his action but deciding to let it pass. "I'm fine," She replies with a smile, as she starts to pack her stuff to leave. As they left the door, Gwen stretched, and rubbed the sleep from her eyes. "Thank god for double period lessons, and thank god you're so nice Miles. You're the best" Miles looked at her smirking "Indeed I am, sleeping queen" Earning an annoyed expression from Gwen, but she decided to let it pass since she didn't feel like retaliating. "But why were you so tired? And so late?" Miles asked, voice full of concern. Gwen didn't like to lie, but she had to. She can't tell him what she was doing last night.... Working on that thing. "I.....I'm a bit sick. I have a.... Cold " To her relief, Miles seemed too oblivious to her lie, and said "I knew it," But then looked back at Gwen "You sure you wanna stay at school?" Gwen chuckled at Miles. "No need to worry that much Morales. I've taken down the biggest and baddest villains around, and lived, I think I can handle a cold" Miles rubbed through his hair in response. "That's fair I guess."

-Time skip

(Later in the day, Miles and Gwen are studying, as Miles had promised to teach her.) Gwen looked at the work she missed this morning. As much as the sleep has helped her get through the day, she did miss a lot. At her grade, especially in this school, subjects were hard and things were taught quickly. Although she was smart, at times it was still hard to catch up. Especially since she happened to be Spider-woman. "I hate this," She said as she finished a worksheet, to see another couple still left undone on the table. Miles laughed "It's not that hard" Gwen glared at him. Although he helped a lot, Gwen still found his presence distracting, well.....since..... She liked him. Everything he did captivated her, and at times she couldn't help but stare at him, completely forgetting her work in the process. And even when she wasn't, Miles kept coming out with comments, like this. "Miles, not everyone is a genius like you ok, not everyone is as good and hands- hardworking as you?" Gwen said, stuttering on those last words as she almost said something embarrassing. (In case you couldn't figure it out, she was trying to say handsome.) "Thanks?" Miles replied, not catching onto what Gwen almost said "Maybe I'm smarter, but you're more talented.... You're so good at the drums.... I've never seen someone that good on them" He gave her a little smile. Gwen blushed, and looked away, desperately trying to hide her red face from him. Gwen looked at him as she knew it was the right moment.

"Speaking of me on the drums, do you wanna see me on stage with the band for our competition?"    

And there's chapter 35! It's one with less action I guess, but don't worry everyone there'll be more interesting stuff...... soon.