Chapter 20: How?

3rd person POV:

Miles wakes up in the morning, yet again to see both his parents not around (they'll be more relevant later on guys don't worry). Yet again they both have busy jobs. Miles's dad apparently is solving this murder case in another city currently, while His mom is always very busy at ER, since she is involved in helping victims of all accidents; car crashes, falls, disease, etc. Miles decides to head outside and have some fun in the great outdoors.

-Time skip

Miles smiles to himself. It's around 1PM, and Miles is finally enjoying himself. He bought himself a pizza, a reward to himself after dominating in a local basketball game he joined. Even though he didn't know anyone, he got along with his team, and he had fun taking over. Basketball always was his passion, but he couldn't play it as much recently with everything that was going on. But Miles knew from that game...... he probably couldn't play basketball anymore, despite enjoying himself for the first time in a while on the court. Why? He noticed his spider-skills showing in his game. Luckily nothing too suspicious, but he knew it was surprising to players and onlookers alike that a more skinny, 10th grade kid was very obviously out-muscling, out-jumping, and outpacing kids that were slightly older and looked stronger. Miles thought he could try hiding his powers, but in the heat of the moment, in the heat of competition, he knew could potentially lose control. He continued munching on his pizza, thinking about his life that will soon be rapidly changing with his powers. As he took out his hand to reach for the last slice of pizza... THWIP! It...... disappeared? "Always liked that pizza place" A voice rings out as Miles looks towards it.

 disappeared? "Always liked that pizza place" A voice rings out as Miles looks towards it

"Spider-Woman?" Miles asks. "Gimme back my pizza!" Spider-woman mockingly acted like she was considering it, before pulling her mask up a bit and taking a bite. "HEY!" Miles shouts. Miles sees the smirk form on her face through the part of the mask pulled up. "Consider this a fee for training you." Miles huffs, but then just looks away. Her attitude.... Reminds him TOO much of someone else...... Whether he likes it or not? He doesn't know. "Well..... Are we gonna 'train' today?" Miles asks. Gwen pulls her mask down as she hears the comment. "Ye. Let's go" Miles does a mini celebration on his own. Gwen smirks behind the mask. She loves seeing Miles this happy, especially with the recent events. 

"Are you done with your little dance? Let's go." Spider-Woman says, extending her arm out to Miles. Miles sheepishly scratches the back of his head, and then puts his hand on Spider-woman's. Spider-Woman swings them to the top of a nearby building; They've just been accustomed to using any rooftop as a training area. "So what are we gonna do?" Miles asks. Spider-Woman seems to contemplate it for a moment, before taking off one of her web-shooters. "Here. Have a try." Miles's eyes light up in excitement. 'I get to swing?" He asks excitedly. Spider-Woman nods her head in disapproval. "You're just getting a try. No swinging." Miles looks down in disappointment. Gwen's smile drops behind the mask. She never wants to see Miles disappointed, but she can't risk anything. Plus, if he learns to swing, it's getting closer to him being able to fight crime.... And as she said to herself previously.... The later it happens the better...... She doesn't want him to get in the action and potentially get hurt.... She can never bear to see that. Ever. "Well...." Miles says. "I don't follow orders well" He says. He shoots a web towards a nearby building, sticking to it with a surprisingly good spin. Spider-Woman facepalms. She should've known this was gonna happen.... He's so stubborn.....

Surprisingly, Miles was able to do pretty well

Surprisingly, Miles was able to do pretty well. And with only 1 web shooter, Gwen found catching him difficult. Plus, he seemed to disappear out of tin air at times? Almost like he could go invisible? But eventually, She caught on to him. She webbed him to the ground, and as he struggled, she slipped the web shooter off his other hand and put it back on. "Honestly, Impressive. But never do that again." Spider-Woman said "But how?" She wondered aloud, looking at Miles. "I.... I'm pretty good at school. Just used my knowledge of angles for it. Then the rest was down to reactions. Gwen smiled behind the mask, impressed. She knew he was smart, but using angles to find out how to shoot the web shooter accurately through the air? Impressive. Plus, some of his flicks and spins were better than she would admit. He really was talented. Noticing he was still stuck, Gwen helped Miles out to break the webs holding him down. As Miles slid down against the wall to catch his breath, a scream caught both their attention. They look down at the alley below them, to see a woman being mugged by robbers. "Stay here" Was all she said as she swung down on the alley to fight. To Gwen's surprise, the robbers were extremely strong. But nothing her skill and speed couldn't deal with. 1 down, 2 down, 3 down..... Until..... "AHHHHHH!" Gwen looks back to see the 4th and final mugger holding the woman hostage in a chokehold, other hand pointing a gun at Gwen. Usually this wouldn't be that big of a deal, she can just use her reflexes to beat him, but Gwen was just really tired. How was she gonna deal with this?

BOOM!

So...... a bit of spider-action, but no fight scenes yet. It'll come soon.  :D

But.... How will Gwen deal with the final mugger? And what was the 'BOOM' sound? Guess in the comments.