Chapter 39: The show...

3rd person POV:

The two just stared at each other, both just taking in the moment. Gwen was the first to look away, face reddening from Miles's gaze. The two spider-people scoot over to the edge of the building, where they look over at a great view of the city, as well as an incredible sight of a beautiful sunset. As they do this, Gwen slowly scooted over, and after a bit of hesitation, nervously and slowly put her head on Miles's shoulder. Not a word was shared through the moment, but both had so much going through their minds as it happened. Gwen looked up at Miles, who was still admiring the view. She inspected Miles's face. His goofy, curly hair which was still messed up from the shock earlier, his bright and adventurous eyes, and his face-cheeks that she loved to pinch so much. Gwen took a deep breath, ready to say something, and as she finally built up the courage....

RING! (Idk sound effect)

Gwen silently cursed, as she pulled out her phone. She tapped on it, to see that it was MJ. "Hey MJ," She said, a bit annoyed. MJ seemed to get the message something was off, but didn't comment. "Gwen, it's about 40 minutes to the show. You need to be here." Gwen's eyes opened in surprise, and looked at the time. 6:20. Exactly 40 minutes from 7, when they performed. Gwen looked Miles longingly, who had looked over in curiosity, as he didn't know what was happening. Gwen quickly hugged Miles, to his surprise. She quickly separated knowing she might not want to leave if she stayed with him too long, as she had too many times. She fished something out of a pocket, and handed it to Miles; a ticket to the show. She gave him a small smile "Ticket for the show..... VIP access since I specifically ordered it. Hope you have time to come and watch me- I mean us." Miles gave her a small nod, as she said "I have to go...." she drifted off, as she pulled her mask on, prepared to swing. Miles watched her go, and he sighed at himself as she left, out of earshot of his words, and he muttered to himself "Why do I feel like this around her.....?"

-Time skip

Gwen showed up backstage, in her clothes she had picked out for the show. A pink and white top with a spider-logo on it, part of merch that was made for her alter ego. She also sported a black mini dress, with a pink sweater wrapping around her waist and belt. MJ looked up "Looking good Stacy. New look. Impressing someone?" Gwen just told her to shush as she took out her stuff. MJ nodded, as they knew they had to get to work,

 MJ nodded, as they knew they had to get to work,

(Yes, it's Marvel Risings Gwen.)

-Time skip

Gwen looked from a gap behind the curtains, and she put her hand to her chest, which was beating incredibly hard. MJ knew she was stressed, and walked over. She grabbed Gwen's hands, which were shaking slightly from the nervousness. "You ok?" MJ smiled, but her words were full of worry. Gwen nodded uncertainty. "You've seen crowds like this a few times before. You'll be fine." MJ commented, and Gwen's eyes drifted back at the audience behind the curtains. "But.... I'm never the singer. I'm never the center of attention like you are. And what if they don't like my singing?" MJ sighed. "Gwen, you'll be great. Your singing is incredible. And don't worry about other people. Screw what they think. Just focus on the goal. You're aiming for one person. You're aiming for him." Gwen nods, calming down a bit. "Don't know if focusing on him is better," Gwen chuckles. MJ just nodded, happy her friend calmed down. "Let's go," She says.