Chapter 49: You knew?

3rd person POV:

"It can't be"

Margo Kess's eyes widened at the sight in front of her. She was holding Miles Morales, her childhood friend, by the throat, and he was black and bruised and bleeding all over.... And it was because of her. She dropped the mask in her other hand in shock, but her grip tightened on the suit that Miles was wearing. "Why?" She yelled into his face. "WHY?" She yelled at him. Miles didn't respond, just looking down at the floor. She groaned into the air in frustration and threw him onto the floor. "It's because of her isn't it?" She turned, staring at Gwen. Immediately, Miles jumped to Gwen's injured body, putting himself between the two girls. Margo scowled at him. "Leave her," She yelled, her eyes glowing dangerously bright. But Miles wouldn't budge. "Never," He said. "If you want her you'll have to kill me." Margo kept her scowl on him. "Why do so much for her? I did everything for you over so many years. Everything. I was your only friend. And all of a sudden you just leave me? Cut me off? And as soon as you leave me you go chase this random girl? Is this how you show gratefulness?" She yelled at Miles. Miles looked at her with an expression which was a mix of shock and anger. She did so much to him..... Yet she's trying to play the victim here. He just stood there and glared at her, arms yet again sparking in power, and he ignored the marks that reformed on his arms..... Screw his limitations. He chucked a huge ball of orange 'venom' lightning at her, and he started yelling.

(Imagine it's orange lightning

(Imagine it's orange lightning.)

"You're playing the victim here? REALLY? YOU? ALL THESE YEARS YOU WERE MY ONLY FRIEND YOU SAID. YET YOU ALSO NEVER SEEMED TO CARE ABOUT ME AS SOON AS SOMEONE ELSE SHOWED UP. I WAS THE FRIEND YOU WENT TO WHEN EVERYONE ELSE WENT. YOU ONLY TALKED TO ME IN THE CLASSES WHERE YOUR OTHER FRIENDS WEREN'T THERE. YOU ONLY WALKED BACK HOME WITH ME BECAUSE I WAS THE ONLY ONE THAT LIVED AT YOUR NEIGHBORHOOD. YOU SAID I CUT YOU OFF. YOU NEVER TRIED TO TALK THINGS OUT WITH ME! NEVER! YOU JUST SENT TWO RANDOM TEXT MESSAGES AND GAVE UP. AND YOU CALL THAT FRIENDSHIP? DID YOU EVEN CARE?"

Margo looked on in shock. So did Gwen. Neither of the girls had ever seen Miles act like this. Gwen thought she had seen Miles's sad side before.... This was different. This was the reaction and words of a broken boy who finally cut loose. Who finally let out all of his emotions. And heck did he let them all out. "How....how can you say that?" Margo said. "After all I did for you, you're asking me if I ever cared? Ok maybe sometimes I might've ignored you, but still I was your only friend. I did care." Miles laughed, but it was a laugh that sounded.... Broken. Fake. And mostly empty and void of emotion. "If you cared.... Tell me why you kissed the same kid who bullied me. The one you promised to protect me from. You promised...." His voice trailed off as it broke down, and the boy shed unfought tears as he stared down at the ground. And although Margo also didn't talk, they both knew what Miles was referring to.

-Time change (Flashback many years ago. Grade 3 maybe?)

Miles had just been bullied by Flash, who pushed him over, and Miles was picking up his fallen belongings, when Margo showed up. "What happened?" Margo asked, and Miles explained the events that happened previously. Margo sighed, " I'm so so sorry I wasn't there." Miles just nodded "It's not your fault." Margo held his hand though, and said "No. Miles, we can't keep letting this happen. I promise that I will do anything possible to stop you being bullied. Especially Flash. I promise ok?" Miles nodded happily in response, and their hands connected.

(Imagine them younger and Margo not glowing

(Imagine them younger and Margo not glowing. Just use your imagination people idk. I couldn't find anything else lol.)

-Time change (Flashback ends)

"I-I..." Margo stammered. "You're still with him aren't you?" Miles barked. "Your magic necklace..... Flash has the same one. He probably gave it to you sometimes while you were dating huh?" Gwen's eyes widened on the sidelines. She racked her brain when they saw Flash.... And she realized Miles was right. Flash has a similar necklace.... It just didn't have the same amount of markings.... Which could explain why Margo had powers and Flash didn't. Margo still looked surprised though, and she managed a small line: "You knew?" Miles's eyes drifted off as he stared at her in confusion. "What do you mean?" Miles asked quietly. Then his eyes widened and he snapped back to attention as the realization of what she meant hit him like a train. "You..... mean it was supposed to be a secret?" He asked quietly. Gwen looked at Miles with almost..... A fear in her heart. She had never seen Miles like this.... He was dangerously calm right now considering what he was told..... It felt like it was the equivalent to the quiet before the storm. And she was right. Miles's body started sparking dangerously, orange lightning even evident in his eyes as they were now glowing as well. But Miles didn't attack. He yelled.

"SO YOU PROMISED ME ALL THOSE YEARS AGO, AND THEN YOU WENT ON TO DATE THE SAME BOY THAT BULLIED ME ALL MY LIFE? AND YOU TRIED TO HIDE IT? THINK I WOULDN'T KNOW? AND NOW WHAT? YOUR CRAWLING BACK TO ME BECAUSE YOU THOUGHT I DIDN'T KNOW? SO I WAS RIGHT EARLIER! ALL MY LIFE I WAS THE BACKUP PLAN FOR YOU!"

Gwen's heart broke watching Miles. She knew he was hurt from the past he had, but this revelation took it to a new level. She stared at the broken boy in front of her, not knowing what to do. She didn't even care for her injury at that moment. She just wanted to jump to him and tell him everything was ok. The only thing stopping her..... Was the lightning still sparkling dangerously on Miles.......

So do you guys like this? Some more backstory, from both Margo and Miles's point of views. Some more insight on how Miles feels. 

Here's a lesson people, just like Miles in this story, sometimes people can be cool and happy and still have a bad past & background. Always consider before saying something to someone, always make sure everyone is ok, and never take anything for granted.  You never know what someone is going through/ has gone through.