Chapter 42: The eyes chico, they never lie

Alternate title: thanks for 10k y'all

Very late, but thanks for 10k everyone. It's happened so quickly and it's amazing. Appreciate y'all for the support.

3rd person POV:

"No problem, Spider-Man"

The two break apart, and they just sit together, under the clock tower, just admiring the view. Gwen looked at Miles, and decided to do something she normally wouldn't do. She put her head on his shoulder, slowly getting closer to Miles. At this point, Gwen could feel the butterflies in her stomach. She was so close to Miles, and the boy didn't seem to mind. Gwen looked at the place around her. It was the perfect night. It was quiet, and the temperature was perfect. A bit of wind, but not too windy. Just occasional breezes that made everything cool, and it wasn't hot. They were in the more quiet part of the city, and especially being so high up, it was quiet and peaceful. The full moon was out, and the moonlight perfectly illuminated the face of the boy she loved, as well as her; almost like it was putting a mini spotlight on them. Just them..... Just the two of them. Miles glanced over, and gave her a small smile. Gwen couldn't help but blush red as their eyes locked, Miles not noticing with the darkness covering it, despite the moonlight. In Gwen's mind, it was almost the perfect night. Almost. It was missing one thing. "Miles," She said, catching the attention of the boy from Brooklyn. He glanced back at her, Gwen's face looking back at her in the reflection of his eyes. "Yes?" He asked. Gwen smiled "I actually have one last gift for you..." Miles looked surprised. "Another one? You didn't have to-"

But he was cut off as he said those words, as Gwen cupped his face in her hands

But he was cut off as he said those words, as Gwen cupped his face in her hands. And a surprised look went to his face.

Because Gwen Stacy had kissed him

Because Gwen Stacy had kissed him. Straight on the lips. Miles instantly forgot his words, melting into the kiss. After a while, the two separated for air. The two looked away, faces red from the interaction. Gwen pinched herself to make sure she wasn't dreaming.... This was something she was waiting forever for.

But panic rose to Gwen's head as she realized...... she still didn't really ask for his consent. She looked back at Miles. "Miles..... Are you ok?" She asked timidly. She had no idea how the boy was gonna react, and he wasn't speaking. "I'm sorry I did that- I- " She shook her head in panic. "I've loved you for the longest time ok Miles, and I just didn't know how-" But she was cut off as Miles pulled her in for another kiss. Sparks erupted in her head..... This kiss had more passion between the two, as there was no element of surprise to it.... And both truly realized..... The other loved them back. As they finally broke apart, Gwen smirked "I guess you feel the same way about me huh?" Miles ran his head through his hair in typical fashion. "Yea....... I've liked you for a while...... The way you just decided to be friends with me though I was new.... The way you act..... It's cute. And you're beautiful too.." Gwen's face slightly flushed pink as he said this. "Stop....." She said, playfully punching the boy on the shoulder. "I'm just sorry I was so dense..... It took me a while to understand I like you..... Took someone to knock some sense into me...." Gwen raised her eyebrow. "Oh? Who is it that I have to thank?" She smirked. "My uncle Aaron...." Miles replied, trailing off.

-Time change (Couple days back?)

3rd person POV still:

Aaron Davis stumbled into the apartment, tired from the day's work. He took off his suit to reveal some cuts. Mixing his multiple jobs is..... Tough. He changed, and hopped on the couch and massaged his sore muscles. After a while, he realized he hadn't eaten much today. As he starts cooking, he hears a knock. 'Great' he thinks. What now? But then he realized the knocking was from his window, and his frown turned to a smile. His one and only favorite nephew (idk how that works), Miles. He opens the window, and Miles walks in, and sits down. He returns to his cooking, though he senses something is off with Miles. He turns off his cooking and sits down with him. "What's up boy?" He asks. Miles heaves a sigh. "Just life man, fitting into a new school and everything....." But Uncle Aaron knows him better than that. "There's something else isn't it?" He asks. Miles nods, but almost reluctantly. "I'm not sure how I feel about this girl....." His uncle smirked at the comment. "I knew we were related," he said, punching his nephew teasingly. "Tell me everything. About how you feel." Miles sighed deeply, and closed his eyes for a bit. "She's just.... The best. She makes my day better. I always want to see her whenever. She makes me feel comfortable, like I can do and say anything. I trust her almost more than anyone. I just feel happy whenever I see her and...... she's got these beautiful blue eyes, and her smile.... It's the most beautiful one in the world. I close my eyes and I can picture her all the time......" Miles's eyes slowly widened as he finished. "Oh shit." His uncle pats him on the shoulder. "I think you know how you feel now. You just needed to say it out loud. Sometimes that's all it takes. And it's not only for feelings y'know,"

Miles nodded in response. "But.... How do I approach her with this? How do I know if she likes me? What should I do?" Miles asked panickedly. His uncle just smirked, "Your old man was the exact same when he was talking to me about your mom, all those years ago when they first met," Uncle Aaron replied "Good times....." Miles looked on in surprise. He didn't expect that answer. But he still needed the one he needed. "So what do I do now?" he asked. His uncle just laughed.

"Miles..... It's  the eyes chico, they never lie!" 

It's finally happened.......