Chapter 12: Training

Miles POV:

(Sunday morning) yesterday was so fun..... Gwen is so fun to be around... Just a shame she had to go. At least she said it'll be fine to do it again..... I'm gonna go for a walk. Maybe grab some ice cream.

-Mini time skip

Yum. Chocolate is always the best. "Wonder why Gwen thinks Vanilla is better than Chocolate." I wonder to myself. It's an argument we constantly have. It's just like. Vanilla is fine but it seems so bland at times. As I turn the corner, my head suddenly hurts, and I whip around and jump backwards as a.... Spider web hits the floor? I look up to Spider Woman hopping down, landing gracefully, almost like a ballerina. "Good moves" She commented. I nod, not sure what to say to her. Suddenly, she swings a punch at me, and I swiftly dodge. "What was that for?" She seems to giggle, and I can feel a smile forming behind the mask. "Your training has begun" She just says, charging at me....

-Mini time skip

3rd person POV:

Miles lies on the ground, struggling against the webs holding him down to the pebble filled roof he was on. "Not bad, not bad" Spider-woman says through harsh breaths. Although she won't admit it, Miles clearly gave her a tougher workout than she expected. She crouches next to his face, examining the boy's tired features closely. Miles was struggling against the webbing, but Spider-woman could tell that the webbing would break pretty soon. And sure, she can handle more combat, but she really didn't feel like going through more combat. Although this was not the most ideal way to train him, it was a good start, and Miles certainly was making progress. Gwen could see he had good reflexes, good speed, and trusted his senses a lot. He was certainly special. Gwen smiled at her friend from behind the mask, continuing to watch the boy as he struggled under the webbing. "Well... that's it for today." Gwen aimed her hand at a building, looking to swing away.

"Wait! Gwanda! Let me go!" The girl looked back in shock. She clearly didn't expect him to remember the 'identity' she revealed. She stared at him for a bit, her suit hoodie blowing in the wind, and she said "You did well." Miles seemed taken aback, clearly not expecting any form of praise. "To be honest, I could've started this better. I'm spider-woman, or Gwanda as you know." Gwen cringed under her mask. She regrets not swinging away earlier, but she's stuck here now. "What is the purpose of all this?" Miles asks through rasped breaths. "Well.... I did say I was gonna train you..." Spider-woman replies "I just thought a combat session was a good start for you." Miles looked at the masked vigilante in disbelief "Fighting a teenage boy who you're not even sure how strong he is was a good idea?" He replied. Gwen cringed at herself again. She really didn't think this through. If he wasn't so fast, he really could've been injured badly. "Well it all worked out.... I guess... Anyway, the webbing would go on for like 2 hours, unless you break through them. So bye!" Gwen decided to swing away this time, not waiting for a response. 

Miles just looks at the webbing, and goes "Great

Miles just looks at the webbing, and goes "Great....". After a bit of struggling, Miles was gonna just let this go, and just lie there and wait for the webbing to dissolve, until.... BOOM! The webbing blows off as a burst of energy comes off Miles. Miles, on his knees, looks around him, and realizes his arms are..... Glowing. Not only that, it is sparkling in.... Some blue energy? Miles, confused, raised his arm and focused. A blue orb forms, and he throws the orb at the ground under him. BANG! He rams against the wall as the force of the blast forces him back. Miles looks at the smoking part of the ground where he had hit it, and through the scars and the sweat, he smiles to himself, and mutters to himself "This is gonna be fun." 

So here's chapter 12! A bit shorter than the last 2, but this one was a tad bit hurried, my bad. Miles seems to have started his training though! And in the words of Spider-woman, "Not bad" 

What kinda powers do you think Miles has? when will he find out? (I added/altered some) Guess in the comments! 

P.S. Since we had Miles's fav ice cream flavor (it's actually mine idk what he likes), tell me yours in the comments! :D