Chapter 38: We'll go through it together

3rd person POV:

"Time to die.... Pesky boy"

The words ring through Gwen's head, and she instantly reacts. "NO!" She jumped down, webbing one of Shocker's hands started glowing in with energy. It pulled him off balance, dropping Miles in the process as it happened. Gwen's face contorts in anger as she sees Shocker's mask form a smile, the man behind it grinning. "Finally you show up......" He muttered, getting up and holding his shocking gauntlet tightly. "You're little friend here put up a good fight, but unfortunately..... Not good enough" He said, slowly standing next to Miles's limp body on the ground. The only thing stopping Gwen from panicking was Miles's chest slowly heaving, showing a little sign of life. "Now he dies" Shocker says, hands yet again glowing in energy.

"Not on my watch" Gwen yelled through gritted teeth. Gwen webbed at the ceiling, and jumped at the villain, who surprisingly looked like he wasn't gonna defend himself. As Gwen was about to kick him in the face, a growling sound came as Lizard crashed through the wall, and grabbed her, stopping her advance at Shocker. Lizard pinned her to the wall, and she struggled to get out. But despite her trying to break out, Lizard wasn't doing anything, just blankly holding her to the wall, watching her struggle. Shocker laughed, and picked up the body of the boy on the floor. Recovering a bit, Miles showed signs of resistance, like trying to kick Shocker, but was quickly shut down as he got slammed to a pillar close to them. Gwen felt a squeal of panic escape her body, but her tired body couldn't handle the grip Lizard had on her. Shocker grabbed Miles by the head, and with his gauntlets bright in energy, he said "Your attempts were futile and hopeless. And because of that, now you die"

Gwen watched helplessly as his arms charged, and a bright light covered Miles's body, and her stomach churned as she heard a pain-filled scream from the body. As the light disappeared, it revealed the smoking body of her friend..... Unconscious, completely unmoving. A white hot rage filled Gwen's body, and she screamed.......

-Time skip

Gwen woke up to her head hurting. A lot. She sat up and held her hurting head but her eyes quickly darted to the side as she remembered about Miles. She jumped over.... To see him getting up, but an aura of energy seemed to be around him. She ran over and hugged him tightly. "Are you ok?" She asked him, face full of worry. Miles nodded, but he seemed... shook. "What's wrong?" Gwen asked. Miles pointed over, and she saw the bloody and bruised body of Shocker, and the body of Dr. Curtis Connors, who had reverted from his form as a giant lizard monster. Gwen looked on in shock, and asked "Was that... you?" Miles, still speechless, nodded as a way to say no, then pointed at Gwen. "Me?" Gwen asked. Miles nodded, and quietly, the two left the scene, with police and medical workers entering the scene, getting the villains out and checking for any people in the rubble.