Chapter 24: Marks

Still 3rd person POV:

"AHHHHHHH"

The scream catches the attention of Miles as he turns to the battle behind him. As he watches, it's almost like slow motion. Spider-woman gets picked up by the crazy Tombstone, and gets thrown in the air.... With part of the mask torn off, Miles could see her eyes..... Beautiful blue eyes that seemed so familiar..... But in the heat of the moment he just can't place it. But he can't focus on it now. He has to make sure she's fine. They lock eyes in the moment, and Miles could see the fear in her eyes.... As she gets thrown in slow motion...... And almost like reality returns to normal, He watches her fly into the air by the throw. Almost instinctively, he runs after her body. He's not worried about the range, but she was thrown up. And since she was all bloody and bruised, she didn't seem to be in good condition to save herself. Leaving Prowler to fend for himself (LOL MILES HAS PRIORITIES), Miles sprints after her flying body. After what felt like forever, her body seemed to drop from the sky. He watches as it slowly falls, noticing that her body doesn't seem to be responding, or in any way trying to save herself. No web shooter action, none of her normal graceful moves, nothing. He knew he HAD to act now. He runs and jumps on a wall, then using the wall as a punshoff, as he saw Spider-woman do previously, jumps up into the air, and.....

Catches her. As Miles locked eyes with her, He sees her almost leave tears of relief. Miles uses his body to take the impact of the drop. BAM! They land on the floor in a loud hit. "Owww.... You ok? Gwanda?" Spider-woman gently pushes herself out of his bear-hug, with Miles having held on to her tightly to make sure she wouldn't feel the fall. "Really? You're the guy who just fell a couple feet from the air cushioning my fall and you're asking me if I'm ok?" Miles could only chuckle at her comment. Gwen smiles at that. She couldn't believe it, even when he's in so much pain (let's not forget he just got blasted by Electro as well), he worries about her. It just warms her heart. Despite the great moment, both turn and run to the main objective: Stopping Crazy Tombstone.

-Time skip

Despite the efforts of the 3, this battle was hard for them. Prowler was using his metal fists to hit. Spider-woman was jumping around, landing kicks here and there. And Miles was firing blast after blast. But after a few, he suddenly yells in pain, and falls to his knees. Landing another hit at Tombstone, Gwen lands next to Miles. "What's wrong?" She asks. "I'm fine" He responds. She shoots him a glare. "Don't act tough now, what's wrong." Miles pulls up a sleeve to reveal his arms smoking, glowing marks forming on his arms. "I've seen this once or twice," he says. "I think it's when I use too much power, it starts getting painful. Maybe it's like a limit for me or something like that."

(Idk what this is, and where it's from, but this is kinda what Miles has. Glowing marks and patterns on his body that spreads from his hands when he overuses his powers.) (Someone in the comments please tell me what this is.) 

"Then don't use it." She replied. "We can still beat him. We have to." She grit her teeth as she said this. Miles nodded, and the 2 went back to the action.

-Time skip

The battle continued, to no avail. Tombstone seemed to just get angrier as the fight continued, and he seemed to be stronger with anger. And as the battle went on, things seemed to be worse for the heroes. Prowler was thrown into a store, where he didn't resurface. It was up to the spider-duo now. They thought valiantly, but soon they seemed to run out of options. As the two fought, they tried, but they were tired, whereas this crazed Tombstone was nowhere near tired. Miles watches as Spider-woman gets thrown to the side. Miles wants to help her, but he knows he has to deal with the crazed monster right now. Fighting the pain, his arms glow again, with more marks and patterns appearing on his body. Miles throws a punch of orange lightning, which seems to stun the monster for a bit, but he quickly recovers. Miles gets thrown into a wall, and he groans in pain. Red Tombstone approaches, clamping his fists together for one big punch. Miles wanted to run. He knew he had to. But he couldn't. He's pretty sure he hasn't broken anything, somehow, but he's in so much pain he can't move. As Tombstone raised his fists, he closed his eyes, and whispered...... 

"Love you mom, dad. Goodbye, world...."

_________________________

Writer's note: 

For anyone that doesn't understand, the marks Miles gets on his body are kind of a way to limit him. He's like a electric source in some way? Idk how to exactly explain it. His power is great but  he needs time to charge up, and the marks pain him and weaken him to warn him to stop. Or punish him for going too far. His marks fade as he recharges, and he gets strong again. It's kind of like my way to make sure he doesn't get too OP. But obviously his limitations change over time so......He'll probably still be OP.                                                                                                                                      

__________________________

There we go! Not the longest chapter but it'll have to do. So, what's gonna happen to Miles? Will he be out? how will he and Gwen stop Red Tombstone? Or what if Gwen has to stop him alone?