Chapter 54: Date

3rd person POV:

(Few days after the previous chapter)

Rio Morales opened the door to her son's room to see him still trying to fix his tuxedo he was wearing. "Mijo, you've been fixing that tux for so long? What's the problem?" Miles looked at his mom from the side of his eye, and continued to fix his tux without saying a word. His mom chuckles to herself, she remembered how his dad was like she went on their first 'official' date. Just like Miles, Jefferson Davis was incredibly anxious for their first date, she had been told by Jefferson's mom. She smiled at Miles, who was still fidgeting, pulling at the sleeves of his suit. On the table sat a box of chocolates, and a bouquet of flowers: Sunflowers. She walked over to Miles, and helped him fix his bowtie, which he had problems straightening. Once she was done, she turned her son's face to hers, and she hugged her son. "You've grown so much..." She said to Miles, who finally smiled, with his features softening. "My niñito is growing into a man.... Going on his first date." Miles laughed awkwardly, saying "Mom... stop..." He said, staring at his things at the table. Attached to the box of chocolates was also a mini drawing Miles did of Gwen, one of many, but Miles thought adding one was still a nice touch, since Gwen loved them so much. Miles looked at the clock on his table; 5 o'clock on the dot. He agreed to be at Gwen's place at 6. "I'm gonna go now mami," He said to his mom, who nodded proudly at her son. She sent him out the door, kissing him on the cheek despite Miles's objections, saying "Now go have fun. I wanted my future daughter-in-law to be treated well." Miles rolled his eyes "Mom....." He said as he walked out the apartment, and pressed the elevator button.

-Time skip

Miles sweated as he walked into the elevator of Gwen's apartment. He clicked the button of the floor she was on, and sweated nervously as the elevator started to ascend up, taking him closer and closer to Gwen. The funky pop music that played on the elevators didn't help at all, as Miles cringed at the lyrics. The door opened, and Miles stiffly walked out, and walked towards the door of Gwen's apartment. Miles pulled at his collar as he nervously reached for the doorbell, but then hesitantly pulled back his arm....Why was he so nervous? He's supposed to be a superhero, one that fights crime, fights the strongest of villains regularly. Heck, he'd jumped from a rooftop at Olivia Octavius without hesitation. So why was he so nervous? As he argued with himself mentally, he pulled out of his thoughts as the door swung open on its own.... To reveal Gwen Stacy. Miles couldn't help as his jaw dropped at the sight of the girl... She was in a nice pink dress with black on the waist, and then black on the lower waist. She sported it with red heels.. Gwen chuckled and she kissed Miles on the cheek, smiling at his surprise. She twirled around and asked "Looks good?" Miles finally comes to his senses as he says "Your.... Amazing. Beautiful." Gwen blushes, and then takes the bouquet of sunflowers from Miles's hands and sniffs it. (Sunflowers do have some smell, I fact checked.). "You love sunflowers," She commented, and Miles rubs his head awkwardly. He's utterly speechless. He hands her the rest of the stuff, and Gwen squeals in delight when she sees the drawing. As always, she loves it. She rushes to her room to put the stuff down before coming back and taking Miles's hand. "Shall we, m'lady?" Miles finally said, and Gwen nodded, chuckling. Gwen's dad finally showed up, cooking previously so he couldn't answer the door. "Miles," He sternly said, and Miles turned quickly, sweating. "Have her back by 9- I'm joking Gwendie. Just don't be too late," he softened, chuckling. Gwen facepalmed at her dad's antics. Miles laughs, fist bumped her dad, then went out the door with Gwen.

 Miles laughs, fist bumped her dad, then went out the door with Gwen