Chapter 4: Friends?

Miles POV:

I walk out of campus and onto the warm grass next to the bleachers, and lie down and think about how my day's been so far. School isn't difficult, but being in a big school like Visions and its environment is difficult. But whenever Gwen is in any of my classes, things just feel fine. Whenever she's around at all, I still feel nervous, but I also feel... happy. A kind of happiness I can't explain. Whatever. I'll just draw a bit.... Until she arrives, I guess. Usually I draw lots of stuff, but today I'm drawing the one thing, or to be precise, the one person on my mind. Gwen. I started sketching her, and I got a good sketch of her in the clothes she was in when we first met, the incident still fresh in my mind. I was mid way through putting the details in the face when I heard Gwen say "Hey Miles! Whatcha doin there?" I quickly flipped my sketchbook back to not show her what I was drawing, since it was HER. To show my previous drawings. "Oh you draw? Can I see?" She asked. Reluctantly, hoping she won't see, I handed the book over and she looked over my drawings, luckily not seeing the drawing of her. As I sighed in relief, she said "Your drawings are really nice! You're so talented. Can I ask about the people in there though?" I flip through my drawings as I say "That's my grandparents... That's a rapper I really like.. That's a view from my place in Brooklyn, and here's a few of Spider-Woman. She's really cool." I see Gwen's eyes widen for a bit, and then close quickly as she breathes.

(Idk who is art is from I found it online but it's sick asf credit to the artist)

"Anything wrong?" I ask. "Nothing. Let's eat." Is the reply I get as we both pull out our foods and eat. Lunch seems to pass by quickly as I just had fun. We got to talk more, and I just really enjoyed my time with her. She seems so cool. I reluctantly leave the place we were at as we start making our separate ways, before I hear: "Miles! Wait!" I turn around as I see Gwen run towards me... and hug me. I kind of awkwardly pat the back of her head, as she's slightly shorter than me. Gwen pushes away from me before holding out her hand and saying "Friends?" "I shake it as I reply "Friends." I hope she couldn't see how big my smile was, it was probably silly.

The school day ends, as my first day really goes over in a blur. Although we shared a few classes, those classes were not today. I didn't see her at all after that lunch break. I go back to my dorm to do my homework, and I finish them fairly quickly; there's not much work for the first few days of the term, apparently. After grabbing a bite at the canteen, I listen to 'Sunflower' again as I lie on my bed. I look at the clock, and it's only 8' o clock. There's around 3 more hours before curfew time and we need to stay in the dorms. I walked out of my dorm alone, since Ganke was still at a robotics club meeting or something. I walk out, and hear sounds coming from the auditorium, and as I walk in, I see a band performing. I see posters on a table saying 'The Fem-force' (I didn't make the name, it's actually the name of a superhero group from Marvel look it up.) I walk closer to the stage, and I see 5 girls playing, I think that redhead Mary Jane from my class was singing? And I turned my head to the drums as it seemed like a solo was starting... And it was Gwen? I felt my jaw drop as the solo happened, I've never seen someone on the drums so good before, even the little things like flipping the drumsticks around, I've never seen someone so good at the drums.

I snap out of my thoughts as the song ends, and my attention turns as someone says "Someone's spying on our show...." From a girl with white hair who walks up to me. As I struggle to respond, I hear Gwen say "Hi Miles!" "Miles?" I heard a different girl reply, the one on the guitar. I think her name's Betty or something. "Do you know this Miles? Gwen?" "He's a friend of mine, he's a new student." Gwen replied. "Oh.. that one with the funny dad..." I hear conversation from the 5 girls as I sit down with my head in my hands. I almost forgot about the incident earlier... School work, as well as Gwen I guess.. Really took my mind off that. I look up as someone grabs my shoulder, as Gwen looks in concern, "Miles you ok?" "Ye I'm ok." I responded. "Wanna get out of here?" She asked. I nod my head as we head out, and while we're walking, I ask "What was that?" "The band, not for school but for fun. Cool right?" She replied. I nodded as I turned to ask. "Wanna hang out tonight? We've got some time left before we have to go to sleep." Gwen shakes her head, an apologetic look on her face. I have um... things to do. See ya tomorrow Miles." She winks at me before running off. I sigh, but after a second I leave. Since I can't hang with Gwen, there's 1 more person I can find right now.

And here's chapter 4. Who is Miles gonna find? Where is Gwen going off to in such a rush? Guess in the comments. Or maybe you'll have to wait for the next chapter to know :)