CHAPTER 36

Lan Wangji didn't know what to do, it was like the excruciating pain he felt in his heart is now starting to break in pieces, he couldn't say a word and his mouth just kept opening and closing.

Why...Why did this guy have to say this to him?

Lang Wangji didn't know what to feel, everything inside him was aching, why did Xiao Zhan do that? Was he lonely? Does he not love me anymore? Why? Why? Why? Why?

No. It was my fault. I left him, I can't actually expect him to wait for me. yes it's alright, it's okay, I have no right to get angry and react negatively, we were nothing back then, I just have to win Xiao zhan back now. That's all that matters.

After that, Lan Wangji said with a weak and faint voice

"I don't care..." And left.

Jackson Wang knew he had hurt Lan Wangji with his lies, but so what? He knew that Lan Wangji needs to suffer  more and only he can do it, because unfortunately, his sweet Xiao Zhan is too in love with this fucking creature that he wouldn't be able to hurt it as much as Xiao Zhan wanted and as much as Lan Wangji deserved.

Jackson Wang never liked playing a losing game, not unless he is the villain.

************************************

Lan Wangji didn't know what to do, he felt conflicted between wanting to meet Xiao Zhan right now and wanting to give time for Xiao Zhan to process everything.

He felt like his head would crack open from the excruciating pain that he knows would keep him awake all night.

It was his fault, it was not Xiao Zhan's fault.

Xiao Zhan had to right to sleep with someone else because he left Xiao Zhan, it was all his fault.

He just needs to get Xiao Zhan back and everything will be okay again.

Lan Wangji was trying to calm himself down but an image of Xiao Zhan being pinned down or kissed by someone other than him keeps appearing in his head and is tearing every bit of him.

Lan Wangji is now crying, His Xiao Zhan had found someone else.

His Xiao Zhan allowed someone else besides him to feel, kiss, and hug him.

It was so painful that Lan Wangji even kneeled on the floor because of his weakened knees.

That day, Lan Wangji had no choice but to keep himself lock up in his room, he needed to calm down and accept the fact that he has no right to feel betrayed by Xiao zhan because in the first place, he was the one that left him.

The next day, Lan Wangji's eyes were swollen but that didn't stop him to take a shower and dress up in a way that he knew Xiao Zhan will find sexy.

He then started to cook Xiao Zhan's favorite foods. Yes, Lang Wangji Can now cook Xiao Zhan's favorite food, he's always tried hard to learn all of it in his free time while thinking about the day that he'll be able to cook all of it and see Xiao Zhan eat it with a smile on his face.

After more than an hour of cooking and dressing up, Lan Wangji practiced smiling in front of the mirror while holding the lunchbox that he prepared for Xiao Zhan.

"You can do it!"

After muttering that all to himself, Lang Wangji got down and walked around, trying to find Xiao Zhan.

After looking around for an hour, he found Xiao Zhan And Jackson Wang happily chasing each other.

Lan Wangji's eyes faltered and his eyes showed sadness but that didn't stop him from approaching Xiao Zhan from afar.

Lan Wangji smiled after seeing Xiao Zhan look at him.

"Hey! What are you doing?"

Xiao zhan coldly looked at Lan Wangji with his expressionless face.

"Nothing."

Lan Wangji continued smiling and raised his hand that carries his prepared lunchbox for Xiao Zhan.

"I brought lunch for you! I bet you haven't eaten yet! Here! Eat this!" Lan Wangji said with his voice that is full of joy.

Xiao zhan just looked at the lunchbox in Lan Wangji's hand as if he didn't care about it.

Lan Wangji just stood there for a while with a smile on his face and after a while of looking at Xiao Zhan's motionless body and expression, Lang Wangji touched both of Xiao Zhan's shoulder and ushered for Xiao zhan to sit on his prepared place.

He sat Xiao Zhan down and started to excitedly open the lunch box he's prepared for the both of them to share.

Lan Wangji picked up the chopstick and placed a deliciously looking bacon between it and started to aim it at Xiao Zhan's mouth.

"Here, eat this!" Xiao Zhan expressionlessly looked at him while Lan Wangji kept flaunting his fake smile in front of Xiao Zhan.

"Did you not understand any of the words I said to you yesterday?"

With Xiao Zhan's words, Lan Wangji's smile faded then he smiled again.

"Look at this! This hotdog is dope isn't it? I had a hard time preparing this because I wanted to make this look as cute as you!"

"Cute?"

"Yes, cute!"

"Why do you want to make it cute like me? Do you want to leave it too?"

Lan Wangji's smile halted and then he softly smiled again...

"It's all my fault, I'll never leave you again."

Xiao Zhan's eyes faltered, Lan Wangji's approach had made his heart beat faster than it ever had.

But he hated it even more, he hated the fact that Lan Wangji's effect towards him is so strong that it makes him want to forget the pain of being left behind by someone he loves more than anyone he's ever loved.

"Listen, Lan Wangji, Your words don't mean anything to me. You staying is not needed."

Xiao Zhan was pretty sure that he wanted to hurt Lan Wangji by his words, but why is it that he's so affected by his hurtful words?

"Still, I'll stay, I'll stay until you're able to love me again. I know that you don't need me anymore, but Zhan-ah, I need you."

With that, all the pain and anger that Xiao Zhan felt in those years when Lan Wangji left him started to awaken.