CHAPTER 37

"Am I a joke to you, huh?! Is my feelings a joke to you?! Do you think I'll take you back again and act like nothing happened?! That's fucking crazy Lan Wangji! I don't want to go back to those times where I am nothing but just a replacement from your so called 'First love'! I was so fucking miserable at that time but I never left you! How can you be so fucking cruel?! I'm already happy in my life! I was actually starting to enjoy everything again and I'm now starting to forget about you! But who are you to just decide to come into my life and ruin me again?! I'm so fucking tired of the things you make me feel and this anxiety that I will be left alone again! Who are you to---"

Xiao Zhan's world stopped when he was suddenly pulled into a hug but none other than his lovely Lan Wangji.

He then felt tears falling on his shoulders...Lan Wangji is crying...and so is he.

The two of them kept crying while hugging each other, they didn't say anything but somehow, they still managed to find solace from each other.

"I know I did something wrong, But I promise to make it all up to you just..... can't you just let me stay by your side? We don't even have to be lovers, Xiao Zhan, I love you and I regret leaving you just for the betterment of myself. I realized that I was only thinking about myself, everything....I could have just learned everything with you but I childishly let my inferiority control me. I thought I was more rational than this...." Lan Wangji's tears kept falling while talking in a soft voice that's filled with regret and realization. " But I guess I'm just really hopeless when it comes to you."

At that, Xiao Zhan had finally managed to let go and his muffled cries started to get louder and louder.

His feelings for Lan Wangji makes him unable to start with him again but him without Lan Wangji in his life 
Scares him even more.

Xiao Zhan had given up, the walls he put against Lan Wangji had now started to crumble and his heart is now more open than ever.

He loathed the fact that everything about him longs for Lan Wangji. That just the thought of accepting Lan Wangji into his arms again is making him feel such nostalgia.

A full hour passed by with them in each other's embrace...They didn't say anything more than what was said. It was now their heart beats speaking for them.

They loved and still love each other. Nothing changed even after all those years...Their heart still beat for no one but each other's.

After breaking the hug, they intensely looked at each other's eyes just to realize that their eyes was now swollen and looked funny.

The two of them started to chuckle at the sight of each other's eyes.

Xiao Zhan sassily raised his right eyebrows while looking at Lan Wangji in a teasing manner.

"You find that funny huh? This is all your fault!"

Lan Wangji smiled at the sight of seeing his mischievous Zhan back again.

"Yes, This is all my fault but please forgive this fool that's in love with you for his childishness, He just wanted to be a better man for you."

" He would have been a lot better if he stayed with me though..." Xiao Zhan wanted to say it as a joke but his tone and the atmosphere betrayed his intended joke.

He felt Lan Wangji tense but he just kept quiet.

"Ok then, In exchange of this fool's stupidity, He'll give you his entire life to make up for his foolishness."

"He better do that."

" Of course he will, This fool loves you way too much to ever think of leaving you again, he doesn't want to suffer the same hell he's been through for the past years that he's been with you."

And at that, the two continued to chat about their past few years without each other's company.

"So...there was never someone?"

Xiao Zhan has been dying to know the answer to his question ever since, after all, 2 years isn't that short for Lan Wangji to find someone better considering the fact that He's Handsome, Rich and Special. There's no way Lan Wangji didn't have other people fall on his feet.

"Never, I had never thought of that because in those years, all I've thought about was you and coming back into your arms. Thinking back, I think I was way too cocky to think that I'll still be able to have you in those two years."

"And yet, you're right."

"Thank God i'm right, 'Cause I would have had to chase you all your life to the point of becoming your nightmare If you didn't."

Xiao Zhan felt butterflies at Lan Wangji's answer. The thought of Lan Wangji never giving up on him even after he finds someone else has so much effect on him and his heart.

"How about you? Did you and that ass-Jackson...." Lan Wangji trailed off, it hurts to him to ask this question since he's afraid of Xiao Zhan's answer.

Xiao Zhan felt that Lan Wangji's expression is not normal, why is it that while asking this kind of question...Lan Wangji looks so sure that there was something between the two?

"Never, I wasn't able to forget about you too."

At that, Xiao Zhan watched as Lan Wangji's expression changed into a wary and untrusting look.

Xiao Zhan's forehead creased.

"What? You don't believe me?"

Lan Wangji was upset, he knew that he would be hurt by Xiao Zhan's answer but he didn't like that fact that Xiao Zhan lied.

Lan Wangji carefully scanned Xiao Zhan's face looking for a sign of even a hint of guilt in Xiao Zhan's face but there was none. Lan Wangji was so confused at first until he realized something.

Fuck! Maybe that asshole lied to me!

"But Jackson Wang said that the two of you had sex...is that true?"