7 ~ 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒆'𝒔 𝒏𝒐𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒍𝒊𝒌𝒆 𝒃𝒆𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒅𝒓𝒖𝒏𝒌

I got out of the car and leaned against the door. I pray that this day won't be as bad as the previous ones. Liv came back to town and gave me a lecture on what I need to change in my life. Yeah, I already know that drugs are not the solution. I understood it even better on Wednesday and I don't want to go into it anymore. Seriously. I don't want to feel it all again.
I also suffered on Thursday. I had to walk to school, because my car was still there.

I put a cigarette in my mouth and lit it. What a relief. I don't know how I would have survived in school without smoking. Probably I wouldn't.

A familiar car parked next to me. Oh. It's Sam and Tara. I guess it will be awkward. Our relationship got weird. When I greeted her yesterday, she ignored me. I said "what's up Tara?" and she walked away like I wasn't there. It was cruel, actually. People usually don't reject me. I don't want to be friends with her of course, but I really wanted to act kind. She helped me when I needed someone. I could even say that she saved me.

Now that she got out of the car, our eyes met. I smiled weakly, her face didn't change. She turned back. Nice. Fuck it. I wanted to be nice but she doesn't seem to care at all. Why did i even try?

I'm still looking at her, meanwhile Sam is killing me with her eyes. I feel it. Calm down bitch. Maybe she also threatened Tara not to come near me? Anyway, that's not important. I don't care about Tara. We don't have to talk. I can live without it. She means nothing to me.

The girl walked towards the school and as she entered, Sam got out of the car. Oh god... When she was close to me, I swallowed hard. I'm mostly not afraid of anyone but this is fucking Sam Carpenter.

What if she found out that her sister is no longer a virgin because of me?! She's gonna kill me! Should I throw away my cigarette and start running?

— Chill Freeman — she said — Do you have a cig?

I didn't answer, I just took the package out of my pocket. She took one and put it in her mouth.

— Fire?

I handed her the lighter still saying nothing.

— I know what you did.

My eyes widened and I looked around for help. There are only cunts that wouldn't help me.

— You could leave this junkie era. Seriously, three days of getting high in a row?

I feel a little relieved. She don't know about what happened a week ago.

— Yeah... you right — I said in a strangled voice — I'm gonna stop.

She rolled her eyes and laughed a bit. Of course she isn't believing me. I don't believe in my words either.

I'm smoking a cigarette all the time to keep from saying the wrong thing.

— Why did Tara help you? — Sam asked suspiciously

— You should ask her.

— I did. I just came to make sure you remember our conversation.

Even without it, I wouldn't be talking to Tara anyway. She still annoys me, nothing has changed. When I'm sober, I can't stand her.

— I do. Don't worry — I said and threw away cigarette filter

— When it comes to you, there's a lot to worry about.

— And who's saying this?

I fucked up. Maybe I shouldn't upset her. I messed up Tara's life, and Sam's sick, so if she found out, I'd be dead.

— Excuse me? — Sam straightened and lower her eyebrows

— No, no. It doesn't matter. I have to go. Bye Sam.