36 ~ 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒆'𝒔 𝒏𝒐𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒍𝒊𝒌𝒆 𝒎𝒂𝒓𝒓𝒊𝒂𝒈𝒆

— Okay, I'll talk to my father quickly and join you — I said finishing the makeup — Take us a nice table, if you want to order something with alcohol, ask Jill to do it.

We're going to the club to spend these last moments here well. I'd rather just lie in bed with Tara, but I don't want to take away her enjoyment of this cruise. It's not my first time, but it's certainly hers. I want her to have a great time, she deserves it.

— You look stressed. Are you okay? — she asked

She has asked about it many times today. I turned my head towards the girl and smiled gently.

— I'm fine.

She narrowed her eyes and came to hug me from behind. I grabbed her hands and started playing with her fingers.

— If something is bothering you, you can tell me — she said softly and kissed my neck — You fainted earlier, then we threw out...

— You have nothing to worry about — I interjected, interrupting her — Talking to my father always stresses me out, but it's fine. I will join you as soon as I can.

— This conversation with him sounds serious.

— I'll tell you everything later.

I kissed her hand and smiled as we made eye contact in the mirror.

— So I'm spending the evening with Jill... — she said

I'll pray she doesn't say anything about Sam. I'll take care of that too when we get back. I'll talk to Samantha, explain to her that Tara should know. Everything will be fine. I'll fix everything.

— Just a moment. Anyway, it's a club. She will forget about your existence and start flirting with everyone in turn, get drunk and disappear with the stranger.

I wish she'd skipped that last part.

— Should I keep an eye on her? — Tara asked and rolled her eyes

— No. Have fun. I'll take care of her when I show up. But if you notice she got drugged, please call me.

— Okay. I'll see you later then.

— Bye.

She left our room and I sighed, looking at myself in the mirror. Am I even ready? Do I have anything to say at all? Maybe if they knew I had someone, they wouldn't have planned all this... But I can't tell them. So what do I even do? How to get out of this?

I got up from my chair and took my phone to put it in my pocket. I'm walking to the door, knowing I'm going to fight a war. There is no chance for a calm conversation. Not with him.

I left the room and closed the door. Okay, inhale, exhale. This is just a conversation that will decide about my life...

I need to fight. I can't be with Jill. Not again. It ruined me and it ruined her.

Tara is my girl.

{3 years ago, January 13}

Jill gently nudged me with her foot under the table. I smiled and looked towards her. I want to hug her and tell her in her ear how much I love her. But unfortunately we are sitting at the table with our parents. I love it when the Robert's come to visit us because I can lock myself with Jill in a room where we live in our own world. But first there are those stupid dinners where they keep talking about their business which I don't understand anything about.

I sniffled, fed up with this constant runny nose. My mother just looked at me and rolled her eyes. I hate her. I took a piece of sushi and looked at my father talking about some cash inflows. Can we go to Jill's room now?