26 ~ 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒆'𝒔 𝒏𝒐𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒍𝒊𝒌𝒆 𝒋𝒖𝒔𝒕 " 𝒇𝒓𝒊𝒆𝒏𝒅𝒔"

The whole day at school went well. Until now. Previously, I'd managed to avoid everyone except Liv, sneaking out for a smoke during breaks.

It's not that I don't want to be with them. I just don't know what they think about this situation with me and Tara. I don't know what I think about it either!

We haven't talked about our morning kiss yet. And I don't want us to be awkward around the group. I'm happy like an idiot when I see her, it's sick. During class, I felt caught by Anika for staring at a girl. I need to tone down these emotions.

I ran into the classroom, hoping neither Tara nor Mindy were there. This will be my last lesson, unfortunately with them both. I'm afraid. It's just, I think I'm not really afraid of Mindy's reaction to me and Tara. But the point is, I want to protect Tara's secret. And I'm not sure that when Mindy asks, I'll be able to trick her. She knows me too well.

Okay, I managed to successfully convince Mindy once that Tara meant nothing. But she in fact meant nothing then. And now... Now Tara is like a fucking light in the dark to me.

I took my phone out of my pocket and dialed my mom's number. She answered the call, which surprised me a bit.

- What do you want? - she asked - You have money on the card. We can transfer more.

I grabbed the corner of my notebook between my fingers and squeezed hard. Not everything is about money, Jesus Christ.

- I just wanted to ask when you're coming back - I said and sighed

- Why? Want to throw a party?

- No. I...I think I mis...

- Baby, I don't have time now.

My face turned hard and I swallowed hard.

- I get it. So I just want you to know...

Mom hung up and I threw the phone on the desk.

- That I am sober over three weeks - I finished my speech silently

It may sound silly, but it's something big and important to me. I rested my face in my hands and closed my eyes. I don't know what I was hoping for. That she will listen to me? That she'll say she's proud and to keep it up? Fuck it.

- Is this seat taken? - I heard this soft voice

I immediately opened my eyes and shifted in my chair.

- When you sit down it will be - I said and smiled a little

Tara put down her things and took the seat next to me. I looked at her, wondering if I should say something.

- How's your hangover? - I asked

- Already over - I nodded my head not breaking our eye contact. It's hard not to look at those lips that were on me a few hours ago - And how are you?

- I'm fine.

- That's why you are avoiding everyone? - she asked and I furrowed my eyebrows - They noticed.

- Oh. It's not like that - I said I started tracing the notebook with my finger

- It's because of me? You regret? - she whispered

- No! - I shouted and then felt dumb, because why the hell I said that this fast - Of course not.

Tara smiled and let out the air she was holding. I couldn't regret something so fucking amazing.

- Good. I was afraid that you don't want to see me. And that you think it was mistake.

- It was one of the best decisions I've made recently.