31 ~ 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒆'𝒔 𝒏𝒐𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒍𝒊𝒌𝒆 𝒄𝒐𝒎𝒇𝒐𝒓𝒕

We finally got to the port. I spent the road listening to my parents argue, embarrassed that Tara was witnessing it too. I didn't want her to see my parents in action. She probably knows that things aren't going well between me and them, but I don't want to involve her anyway. But I won't be able to hide it because she will spend three days with us...

I don't even know why I got involved in the argument even though I didn't speak. I think they wanted to show me how much of a problem I am to them.

"You wanted a fucking cruise!"

"And you agreed!"

"Shut up already, you're worse than Amber!"

"You raised her like that!"

"Like mother like daughter!"

Do they have to be like this even now? They could let go and enjoy their free time. For once, we could at least pretend.

— I'm sorry you had to hear that.

— That's how it is in marriages — she just said and smiled

It isn't. Not to that extent. Sometimes I think my parents hate each other. It scares me because Blake once told me that he had never seen another couple so in love when they were young. If this is how people in love end up...

— Hello bitches! — Jill shouted as she got out of the car — The sexiest is already here!

— Behave yourself! — her mother Kathleen admonished her

Tara took a deep breath and let it out slowly. She's annoyed, I understand that. She's no longer mad that I let Jill stay the night but she still hates her. She was portrayed at her worst, so.

When I looked around and saw these people, like family and yet complete strangers, I felt fed up. This won't end well. We got caught in a fucking trap. I'm starting to regret not trying to back out of it. Jill and my parents against me and Tara. Can I take it?

— I think the best option would be to stay in the room — I whispered to the shorter girl

— And what would we do?

I smirked and secretly stroked her hand with my thumb. It will be hard to hide it. Especially when she's wearing that dress.

— Everything you've never even dreamed of.

We looked at each other for a few seconds, then looked away. Tara gritted her teeth, then smiled.

— Will you take revenge on me for the last one? Your legs were shaking.

The memory of how Tara had completely mastered me made me feel warm.

— Carpenter, save these texts for later.

— You started.

I sighed and crossed my arms. What are the chances they won't catch us? I want to grab Tara and kiss her until our lips are swollen. If I could, I wouldn't have left the room and just showed her my adoration for three whole days. I miss her all the time.

...

— I don't understand why they couldn't charter a private yacht — Jill said to us when we boarded

I believed she'd be chasing adults, but she is on par with me and Tara. At least I can see that she's sober. Maybe it would be even better to keep an eye on her.

— You know very well that a family holiday is just a cover for business matters.

— Which doesn't change the fact that now I'm going to have to deal with people. If I can't find a free sun lounger...