8 ~ 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒆'𝒔 𝒏𝒐𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒍𝒊𝒌𝒆 𝒈𝒆𝒕𝒕𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒑𝒖𝒏𝒄𝒉𝒆𝒅

When I woke up I felt weak. My mouth is burning and it feels like my teeth are about to fall out of my gums. My poor left side of face. God it feels like my jaw has shifted.

— Are you ok warrior? — Liv asked when I sat on bed

She is sitting next to me and she's scrolling through instagram. I slept at Liv's because I didn't want my parents asking questions. They would rather laugh at me and call me names but whatever. They wouldn't worry.

My visit to Tara yesterday didn't go so well. I regret it very much. So fucking much. This is the reason why I have a bruised face and fucked up mood. This bruise will be with me for at least a few days. The fucking Carpenter family...

— Tara was texting you all night.

My eyes winded and I took my phone fast. She really did. Wow. I rather expected that she wouldn't say anything to me again.

— You read my messages? — I asked Liv

— No, I saw the notifications from "the short one" which was obvious. Each at a different time. What she wants?

Wasn't she be busy with her date?

— I don't care. Maybe I will answer or maybe I won't. She's annoying.

— You got close. Until yesterday I guess — Liv laughed

I told her about what what happened. Not about everything of course but about fight. I love that she didn't try convince me to say more. That's why she's my best friend. She always listens, but doesn't expect me to tell her everything. Liv respects that I have my secrets.

I unlocked my phone and checked conversation. Tara deleted every single message. Amazing.

...

{Tuesday, day before}

Tara hasn't been to school and I haven't heard from her since Saturday. It's understandable that she didn't talk to me, but she literally disappeared. Mindy and the rest also had no contact with her. I'm pretty sure it's because of me, so I was the one who decided to check on her. Even though I don't really want to, I should do it. We had sex, and now she doesn't reply to anyone's messages and doesn't show up at school. It's a bit disturbing.

And that's how I ended up standing outside Carpenters house. What if she is just afraid to go to school because of me? Because of what happened at the party? I don't want to make a fuss out of this so I'll just talk to her. We're sober, so we don't like each other again, but I hope she will let me say something.

I tensed and sighed. Okay. I can do this. Easy Amber. Just ask her or anyone from her family if she's fine. That's all.

It's not the conversation that scares me, but rather the thought of who will open the door for me. Christina might not let me in and Sam might slam the door as soon as she saw me.

I quickly rang the doorbell so as not to change my mind. Can i still run away? If Sam opens the door then I just need to tell her that me and her little sister have to talk. I hope she let me.

The door opened and a beautiful old woman I had seen so many times before is standing there. She reeks of alcohol and wobbles slightly. I winced a little. The sight in front of me is just sad. It's about two o'clock in the afternoon and the Christina is barely standing. I believed it was over.

— What? — she asked

— Is Tara here?

— Unfortunately.

I raised my eyebrows and crossed my arms. What was that supposed to mean?

She let me in and she get back to the couch. I stood and looked around. Empty bottles of wine are everywhere. One big damage. I didn't have an idea that Tara lives like that.