27 ~ 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒆'𝒔 𝒏𝒐𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒍𝒊𝒌𝒆 𝒂 𝒔𝒆𝒄𝒓𝒆𝒕

I left school with Liv. I didn't wait until we had gone somewhere else to smoke a cigarette. I gave one to Liv, lit mine and inhaled immediately. Half my lunch break was taken away because I had to go to the principal's office. He's furious about my absences and behavior. I told him I'd get better, but he said I was lying. I was, actually.

— Did you know that Anika is sitting at the table with us now? — Liv asked

— I think after tonight's party, she and Mindy will become an official couple.

I really enjoy seeing them together. You can see that Anika cares a lot. She is perfect for my friend.

— Wouldn't that be too soon?

— Lesbians do that — I shrugged

— You are the exception to the rule. How long has something been going on with Tara? — she laughed

Me and Tara still haven't talked about it. Yesterday, after returning home, we just went to sleep. In one bed. But no kissing or touching other than hugging. On the way to school, we didn't talk about it either. We talk...as usual. About school, about the cruise, about Tara coming home today, about party.

— You know I don't label myself. And we're not girlfriends.

I don't care about orientation. It is what it is.

— That's what I am talking about. What are you waiting for?

— Liv, it literally took us almost two months to get to the stage of liking each other. Liking in a friends way. We "hated" each other for two years — I said and took a drag on nicotine

Smoking will kill me one day.

— Do you have friends with benefits? — Liv asked and sat on the bench

— No. We...I have no idea what we are, okay? — I admitted

— And what do you want you two to be?

I don't know what I want us to be. I just want her. No, I need her. For now, that's all I'm sure of.

— Let's not talk about this — I sat on a bench too and put a cigarette in my mouth — Where are they all anyway?

— Chad, Mindy and Anika in the canteen. Tara and Wes went somewhere.

— What? — I asked and spit a cigarette on the lawn

I stepped on it so as not to set the grass on fire.

I guess this is some kind of joke. She definitely didn't go anywhere with him.

— They went somewhere to talk.

— What?! — I shouted — And you're telling me now?!

Liv furrowed her eyebrows, surprised by my reaction.

Did she go alone with him? What the fuck? Doesn't she learn from her mistakes? Are they kissing right now? Is their relationship not over? I wonder what they're talking about... It's better for him to let her go.

— Amber, they've been friends for years. And almost a couple. Tara probably tells him not to get his hopes up anymore.

— Why didn't she discuss it with me? — I asked

After all, someone should be around. She knows how he behaved. How can she still trust him?

— You were at the principal's...

— Phones fucking exist!

She had time to send me a gif of some weird cat, but she couldn't text that she was going to talk to this fucking pervert.