21 ~ 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒆'𝒔 𝒏𝒐𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒍𝒊𝒌𝒆 𝒅𝒐𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒈𝒐𝒐𝒅 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒈𝒔

Few days ago, I promised Anika to talk to Mindy and I decided to keep my word. I didn't know Mindy could really still feel something real for me. I was sure she was just having fun too. Or maybe I just preferred to think that way so as not to feel any remorse. Maybe I just didn't want to believe I was using her. I probably should have let her go a long time ago.

Anyway, I should have left a lot behind. For example, drugs. I haven't taken anything since that action in the bushes. Still, when I am alone, I feel like I need it. I feel like I don't exist without it. It's awful.

I walked into the canteen and looked around. Liv, Wes, Tara and Mindy are sitting at one table. Do I really want to do this now? We have a few more lessons after lunch, and I don't know how the conversation is going to go. I wouldn't want her to miss class because of me. I'll talk to her after school.

Just as I turned to leave, I bumped into Chad. He gently held my shoulders to keep me from falling over.

— Are you leaving already? — he asked

I smiled and straightened up.

— I was planning to go out for a cigarette — I lied

— You'll go later, now come sit with us.

— I don't think...

— I don't care.

He picked me up and started walking towards the table. No. No, why Chad? Why?

— This is called kidnapping — I told him

I feel embarrassed when everyone looks at me like this. But I'm not going to try to run away from him, because that would look even worse.

— Liv, I have your baby — Chad said and put me right next to Tara

I tensed up a bit because she is obviously still mad at me. She didn't even reply to my message I sent her last night. I asked if we could talk. I guess silence means "no".

— Our baby — Liv corrected

I smiled at my best friend and stole a crisp from her plate.

— I can't believe spring break is next week — Wes said

— We're finally taking a break from this shit. I just hope Liv and Chad won't come back from a trip with a baby — Mindy joked

Everyone but Tara laughed. Is she really not even going to laugh in my company? I feel like we're going back to what it used to be. But now I don't hate her. I don't want to argue with her.

So she's not going on a cruise with me, I guess?

— Are you afraid of being an aunt? — Chad asked

— Let's pray that the child will inherit wisdom from you, bro — I said

— Bitch! — Liv got mad and opened her mouth

I smirked and stole another crisp. Tara's phone started vibrating. I instinctively looked at the screen and saw the word "mom". I looked at the girl and she quickly picked up the phone and answered it.

— Halo?

The rest of the group continued talking about the time off from school. But I focused my full attention on Tara, trying not to show it at the same time.

— No...Go home...Call Sam...I have no idea...No...Wait...

The call ended and Tara quickly stood up.

— I forgot I was supposed to go to the teacher. See you later — she said

Everyone but me said goodbye. Something is not right here. Tara is clearly lying, something must have happened.