15 ~ 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒆'𝒔 𝒏𝒐𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒍𝒊𝒌𝒆 𝒂 𝒕𝒓𝒖𝒆 𝑨𝒎𝒃𝒆𝒓 𝑭𝒓𝒆𝒆𝒎𝒂𝒏

It's been a few minutes since I've been staring at my phone screen. Did I expect it? Yeah. Did it surprise me anyway? Yeah...

— Bitch I'm talking to you — Liv said snapping me out of my thoughts

— Sorry.

I turned off my phone screen and looked at my friend. Now I could use those drugs that I flushed down the toilet yesterday. Sometimes I think I'm going to change my life, I throw this shit away and then I regret it. Over and over again.

— What were you talking about?

— Doesn't matter. Who texted you? — she asked and then she smirked — Did Tara send some softs?!

Liv wanted to take my phone, but I quickly backed away. I looked at my friend with contempt. We are in the school corridor, there are ears everywhere.

— First of all, she never sent me anything like that. Secondly, be quiet, no one needs to know that I hang out with her sometimes.

She constantly jokes about me and Tara when our friends aren't around. This is exhausting me. Liv sees us as more than who we are. There's no feelings.

— Okay, chill out — she laughed — So who texted you and what is it?

— Jill asked if I'm ready to cruise.

Plans have changed and instead of mountains, there will be a four-day cruise. I think I'll jump overboard on first day. I'll get tired on the ship with my family and Robert's. I won't even have anywhere to run.

— Block her.

— No. We have to be in a good terms. I will not miss this business trip. My father won't let me.

— Okay, listen to me Amber.

The girl stood in front of me, looked into my eyes and placed her hands on my shoulders. What's wrong with you, Liv McKenzie? I raised my eyebrows, waiting for her to say what she meant.

— Don't let her fuck you.

— Jesus. It's not going to happen.

— Are you loyal to a certain girl?

She pointed out Tara, who is standing with Mindy and Chad at the other end of the hall.

— No? I just don't want to let Jill take control over me.

We've seen each other several times since the breakup. We won't be able to avoid each other because our parents organize parties from time to time that we have to attend. We got close once. It was quick sex in her room, then she left and didn't speak to me all night.

— What if she seduces you?

— You'll knock me out — I laughed and looked at the phone again

I need to text her back, but I don't know what. I'm not ready. I don't even want to go.

— Wanna go with me? — I asked — Everything is booked, but you could be in the room with me.

— There's no fucking option. Your mom still hasn't forgiven me for throwing up on her curtains.

— Shit — I said and leaned on the lockers — Mindy won't go with me. Things have been weird between us lately.

— I believe you'll be fine. Remember how Jill used to manipulate you. You changed, you're stronger.

— Maybe you're right. But I'm gonna ask Mindy anyway if she want to go.

My phone vibrated again. Please don't be Jill Roberts. I turn on my phone and there's a notification from Tara. My head automatically turned to her and I see that the girl is already looking at me. I smiled briefly, then entered the conversation.