41 ~ 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒆'𝒔 𝒏𝒐𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒍𝒊𝒌𝒆 𝒉𝒊𝒕𝒕𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒔𝒐𝒎𝒆𝒐𝒏𝒆

I'm sitting in the living room, staring at the table, waiting for the biggest fight of my life. I'm so weak it's hard to keep my head up. My hands still shakes from time to time. My nose is burning like hell, as is my injured throat. Every time I swallow my saliva I find it difficult. A constant runny nose doesn't help either.

- Jill will be here soon - mom told me and I just nodded slightly - Your father had to stay in work.

I felt a chill run down my spine and shifted on the couch. I don't feel up to talking to anyone. I was hoping to stay in the hospital a little longer, but my mother took me home in the morning. Doctors advised against it, but she was stubborn.

- When did you start taking drugs again? - she asked with her nervous tone - Three days ago you were boasting that you were clean. And what?

I keep looking at the table, feeling like I'm going to faint. I know I suck, she doesn't need to remind me.

- Were you bored with being sober?! - she asked this question, already furious - Answer me the fuck!

This wasn't about getting high. But that would piss her off even more.

- It was a mistake - I mumbled quietly because that's all I can do

I feel like I'm dead. Maybe because I was basically dead for a half minute. Unfortunately for me, they managed to save me.

- And this mistake cost us a wave of criticism! The news is already buzzing about a girl overdosing! Since the morning I have been receiving calls from my friends asking if it was you!

I looked into her eyes for the first time today. Is that what she has to say? She won't ask about my well-being? She could at least hug me and tell me she's glad I'm okay. Well, I'm not but I'm not in the grave.

- They barely saved my life and all you care about is what people say? - I asked calmly and disappointed

I'm not shocked, but it still hurts.

- You're alive. Now you have to deal with the consequences of this stupid action. What were you even thinking?!

I decided not to answer because she wouldn't give a shit anyway.

- I feel sorry for Jill and your friends who had to carry you to the hospital. Do you know how much you scared them? When my father and I arrived there, they were crying and shaking.

- Who was with me? - I asked because I only remember the moment when I snorted that fucking mephedrone

- Jill, Liv and this...Sam's sister. I don't remember her name.

My eyes widened at the thought of Tara. She was there. She saw me in this tragic condition. And Liv...my beloved best friend. I won't forgive myself for the fact that they had to face this.

I heard the door open and a moment later I saw Jill running into the living room.

- Jesus Amber...- she said and knelt in front of the couch, cuddling up to me - I've never been so afraid.

I placed my head on her shoulder and realized how much I needed it. She was always able to give me comfort that I didn't get at home.

- Put on more makeup tomorrow, you're damn pale and you have nasty bags under your eyes - my mother said

Thanks.

Jill pulled away and looked at me confused. She stood up and sat down next to me, taking my hand in hers.

- Where is she going that she has to put makeup on? - she asked

- School.

Fuck no. Should I go and face everything that happened yesterday? It's too much. They will talk about me, stare. I'm not ready.