10 ~ 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒆'𝒔 𝒏𝒐𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒍𝒊𝒌𝒆 𝒃𝒆𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒉𝒐𝒏𝒆𝒔𝒕

I'm sitting on the floor in my room. I'm staring at the wall and my thoughts are going crazy. I feel terrible. It's Friday night and instead of flirting and partying, I'm staying at home. I know I shouldn't go out today. Many people have tried to convince me to, but I am assertive. I just know I'd get stoned. I have to at least try to be sober.

Besides, I don't want to piss off my father. He has his stressful time. He sits in the office all day, running some errands with uncle Blake. He only goes out to eat, so mostly I hide in my room. I don't want to risk him throwing a bottle at me again. Father's already annoyed enough by my absences from school.

Mother, on the other hand, doesn't care. One day she simply forgot that she had a child. There are no more questions about how it was at school, how the exams were, and whether I was okay. About ten minutes before, she went out with her friends to the club. She'll probably get drunk for the two of us. I hope police won't take her to the sobering-up station like a few months ago.

Dad then got very angry. And the fact that I came home drugged only made him even angrier. All his emotions then fell on me. He pushed me against a glass shelf. The shrapnel went so deep into my arm that they had to sew me up. The scar remained, so I made up stories that I had a fight in the club and they cut me with a knife. It sounded better than the truth. Only Liv knows what really happened.

My phone keeps vibrating but I don't care. It's probably some party invitation. Or Tara. She has been texting me since yesterday. She wants me to tell her about Sam's past. Why won't she ask her beloved sister?

My yesterday's threats were meant to scare her away but she's trying to get even closer now. I don't know what to do with her anymore. She's so damn stubborn. I really thought she was starting to be afraid of me, but she wasn't.

I stand up and went downstairs. I got hungry so put the sushi we ordered earlier on the plate. I poured the wine into the glass, hoping dad is still at his office. I started walking upstairs when I heard the doorbell ring. I had to turn around and put everything back on the table. Annoyed, I walked over to the door. When I opened them, Tara appeared. God.

— Hi.

— Hi — I said and sighed — What do you want?

— You were ignoring me.

— Really? That's shocking.

She rolled her eyes and took a step forward. I didn't move, but I tensed. I don't want her here. She shouldn't be here. Never in my life would I have thought that she would dare to come to my house alone. She's only been here for parties and last time when she drove me home with Sam.

— Can I come? — Tara asked

— If you have to.

She walked in and unbuttoned her blouse.

— Go to my room, I'll be there in a minute.

When she nodded and went to stairs I sighed. I quickly grabbed extra chopsticks from the kitchen. I raised my glass of wine and drank it quickly then one more. And again. Otherwise, I won't be able to talk to her.
I put it in the dishwasher and took the unopened wine out of the cupboard.

When I entered the room with the sushi and wine, I saw Tara looking through my books. I put everything on the table and took glasses from commode. I walked over to stand next to her.

— You like books?

— I love them. Reading is my passion — she said with a smile

— Used to be mine too.

— Seriously? I mean yeah, you have a lot of books here but I thought it was for decoration.

I smiled and our eyes met. I remember which book she read at my place while I was sleeping. I'll lend it to her.