24 ~ 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒆'𝒔 𝒏𝒐𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒍𝒊𝒌𝒆 𝒉𝒆𝒂𝒕

I felt my consciousness return. My eyes opened and I saw the bed was empty. Maybe it was all just my imagination yesterday? What if cuddling with Tara was part of my dream? Yes, I had a strange dream again. Very strange. Jill wasn't in it anymore, it was different than the last. If I had to describe this one in three words, they would be: heat, unexpected, peculiar. I can't believe something like this was created in my brain. I had fallen asleep sober so what the hell? What is in my brain?

I got up to sit down. I look around the room trying to figure out if Tara slept at my place or not. I can't see her clothes. I can't see mine either, but I remember that I threw them on the floor. Something's not right here. I got out of bed and quickly walked to the door. I'm in my underwear, but there shouldn't be anyone in the house. Except for Tara, unless I'm crazy.

I opened the door and left the room quickly. I practically ran down the stairs. As I ran into the kitchen, I saw Tara. She is standing at the counter and chopping vegetables. She hasn't noticed me yet. I smirked but then I remembered my dream and felt warmth on my face. Fuck. I shook my head and controlled myself.

— What's up? — I asked and the girl jumped in fear

— Amber what the hell?! Don't be a ghost when you walk.

I laughed and walked over to her. She went back to chopping vegetables and I stood over her. Her hair smells great. I wonder what shampoo she uses.

— What are you preparing? — I asked peeking over her shoulder

— I wanted to make you breakfast — I immediately smiled when she said that. Good thing I'm behind her back and she can't see it — I hope you like salads.

— Of course. I'm like a model.

I moved a little and leaned against the same countertop. Tara's eyes traveled to my body. I know I should have gotten dressed. I'll do it soon.

She knows I see the way she is looking at me right now. She just doesn't care. Good.

— I thought you ran away. Or that you weren't here at all.

— What? — she smiled

— I couldn't find our clothes.

— I put them in the washing machine with the rest of the clothes on the floor in your room.

I am surprised and I slightly raised my eyebrows. That's very kind. If not, they would probably stay there until the next visit from the cleaner.

— You know I have people for that? — I told her

— You know that putting clothes in the washing machine isn't hard?

— Right.

I nodded but I don't really know how to do the laundry. The employees always did it for me.

I'm staring at Tara, not knowing what to say. I don't want silence between us. Silence can be too alluring sometimes.

— Some girl was here this morning — she said — She looked... like after a hard party. I don't remember her name. I didn't let her in. She...doesn't matter.

— Who would come to me in the morning? — I asked

What the fuck? Usually no one comes here. There are cameras everywhere. Sometimes bodyguards too. Friends usually warn that they will come. Of course Liv doesn't, she just opens the door herself and goes to my fridge.

— I have no idea. It was weird.

— Why?

— She said I'll regret sleeping here. That all you care about is my ass. And that as soon as you get up, you tell me to fuck off.