Chapter 20

Raghav Pov:

We ran inside the room in which dadi had lied Divya down on the bed.
She looks really scared holding the bed sheets in her fist. Dadi and dadu was right behind me. Looking utterly confused about the situation.
As Divya spotted me she tried getting down from the bed but due her injury she hissed in pain and again sat back. I immediately ran to her and made her sit properly. Divya hugged me tightly, as soon as I reach her. She was holding as me if her life depends on the hug. I lightly patted her head with my right hand and kept my left hand on her back.
I looked at dadi and dadu, understanding the situation that we need a bid privacy, they both smiled at me and Divya simultaneously, nooded and then left.
Divya was literally shivering by now.
I detached her from me, took her face in my hands. And kneel infront of her. "Divya, Divya calm-down. You are safe, We are safe. Tiger is arrested and his men, they are killed. Don't worry he won't be able to harm anyone of us now.Dhruv is at home and is doing the official procedure needed for the case"
I said as softly as I can. Hearing this she looked at me with hopeful eyes and I in response nod at her. "Really!?" She asked.
"Yeah, trust me, we are safe, all are safe now. Relax a bid. You are not well at the first place so relax."
I said to her sofly taking her hands in mine.
"How could I relax? Where the hell are we right now? Who were those people? Why are we even here. And I remember seeing Dhruv!! WHERE IS HE!! TELL ME DAMMIT!!"
She spoke almost shouting.
"I'll explain everything from the beginning. Just keep your voice low. We can't let them know that we aren't married! Alright?"
I said keeping my right on her left shoulder, saying the last sentence in almost whispering.
"WHAT...WE AREN'T MARRI...."
she shouted and before she could complete I silent her keeping my palm on her mouth.
"Keep quiet, we can't let them know this!!"
I whispered-yelled at her.
"Should I speak now. You will keep quite!! Alright??"
I asked whispering and showing her angry eyes, still keeping my hand on her mouth. She nod and signed me to speak.
I explained everything from the beginning to her. Also that I had to lie to them that we ate married.
I waited for het reaction but she kept looking down, her face seemed calm , as if she is processing.
Suddenly after almost 10 mintues she tried standing up. And I helped her to do so.
"Take me out, to them" she spoke, there was unsual calmness in her voice.
I did what she said. We both came out. And saw dadu and dadi sitting in the same place watching the rain.

"Dadu dadi.." Divya started speaking. They both turned and look towards us.
"I'm sorry the way I reacted before. I'm so thankful to you both that you both gave us shelter. I got really scared when I found myself in that dark room, after all that happened...., I'm so sorry. And thank you dadu to treat my wound. We won't trouble you a lot, as soon as we find some transportation we will leave." she spoke joining her hands 🙏 in a very calm and grateful voice.

Dadi got up and hold her hands "beti(daughter) I understand,  no need to say sorry or thank you for anything. We are human beings and therefore we should help each other, it's a common act of humanity beti. No need to be thankful for it. And you are not troubling us instead we are happy to see you both. You both are like our grandson and granddaughter-in-law. Kiyu ji??" Dadi said and asked the last sentence looking at dadu. And he replied 'Haan ji'.
Both smiled and dadu spoke this time "that's right. Now lets have dinner, it's already so dark and heavily pouring we will sleep early. By the way, what's your name beti?"
'Divya' we both said at the same time to which Dadu and dadi said 'we are so compatible'

We had our dinner and then Dadi went to wash the dishes. Divya tried helping her but she strictly asked her to rest. So I went in and started talking to her and while talking when she got distracted I started washing the dishes after sometime dadi said twisting my ear
  " you think you are very smart huh??  What!! I stopped your wife from washing the dishes, so you are doing it!!!...playing smart with dadi huhh???"
I hissed in pain "ahhh!! Ahh!! Dadi...sorry, I was just helping you " and smiled sheepishly.
She shook her head smiling and shooed me away too.

In the hall dadu and Divya were sitting and talking
I went to them and sat beside dadu.
"So let's prepare to sleep now. That is our room, you take next one. Where you, Raghav used the washroom. Chalo then!! Also beti take help from your husband to change the dressing of your wound. Washed and sterilized cloths are kept in that room " Saying this dadu went to the kitchen saying
"are you done with your work. I told you to do this in the morning, but you...." He said
"Ha ha as if in the morning you will be helping me, I have do all these on my own only na!!" Dadi replied.
"Raghav and Divya both tried helping you..." dadu was about to say but dadi cut in "They both are tired, but you oldie got nothing to do from morning till night but still won't help me or move an inch".
"Oyy!! I also have tried helping you, but you only shooed me away saying I don't need help" dadu said defending himself.
"Haah toh!! You increase my work only by helping......" dadi replied. And their bickering continued.
We smiled and looked at each other for a moment and then looked away.

Dadi came out of kitchen wiping her hands and then said "so let's sleep then, you both in that room and we..."
"WE BOTH IN ONE ROOM" Divya and I almost shouted.
"Haa, so?? You both are married na!! So what's wrong in sleeping in one room....you both are married na???" She asked being a little serious as she noticed horror in our face.
"Yea...yes...we are..but" we said stuttering.
"But WHAT??" She asked.
"Na..Nothing dadi..uhh where is the room!! " Divya said.
"Hm. There..go" dadu said and pointed to the room. And both of them went to their room and Divya to the adjacent room.
I stayed their standing, and thinking weather to go in or not. As I was thinking Dadi open her room's door and asked me with a confused face
"what! Why are you standing here, like a ghost?? Go sleep"
"No..I was just......watching the rain" I said.
"You have beautiful wife to watch...and instead of watching her you are looking at the rain. No wonder you all men are same and Divya seemed pissed off"  she said pouting a little, poured water in a jug and took that inside not before telling me go in.
I masked some courage and went in...........................