Chapter 24

Authors POV:

[Mehandi. Hope you guys remember Divya and Rhagav's Mehandi Outfits.
Divya's was white lehenga. And Rhagav's was semi-white kurta with a golden half jacket]

Divya's Pov

I reached first at sarpanji's house and met Ria's elder sister Jiya di..we made quite a good bonding I met her yesterday only but it seems like as if we know each other since ages.
Jiya di husband Siddhartha jiju will come today.
They both live in Delhi and were in love since college but had to get married by an arrange marriage setup. Only their parents know it's a love marriage the villagers still thinks it's a arrange marriage as love marriage is strictly not allowed here.
Jiya di even had to complete her college in her in-laws house because girls in this tribe are thought that they are only meant for house-hold work and it is useless to educate them. But thank to Shivji that Sarpanji and Jiya di's in-laws don't think the same way. And due to their this mind set Jiya and Siddhartha jiju had to get married early before even Siddhartha jiju could complete his college. But now both are well settled in Delhi.  And di works in jiju's company as chief executive manager.
Di suddenly asked me about my age so I replied as 25 and then how many of our marriage and when started asking questions about mine and Rhagav's marriage I became nervous.
And hesitantly replied "uhh, we also had a lov..love marriage!. Yes!! And it's just been fe..few months of our marriage...yeah!! Ju..just few months. We cleared our UPSC exam and interviews, got settled in our careers an..and then we got married" I nervously replied and smiled.

She was about to ask more questions that's when dadi came with Rhagav and told all of us "Girls...come on what are you all are doing...start the Mehandi..it's already 11..how much more time will you all take to start. Everyone! Girls come on sit sit. Jiya, Dipti, Anu,...Divya come on sit with Ria, start her Mehandi. " didiji started instructing us all.
And then auntyji( sarpanji'swife) also came out  and said "yes yes! And..and Remember only newly married women can do this rituals so Jiya and Divya beti you both start applying Mehandi on Ria's hand. You both have to make design by that auspicious Mehandi on each of her hands and then after Ria you both do your Mehandi by that artist..see she is sitting there.she will do both of your Mehandis after that others will also do their Mehandi..start now" she also instructed us and then the Mehandi ceremony started with their trible music.

As we both were done with Ria's  Mehandi, now it's our turn.
I told Jiya di to apply first as I was not willing to apply Mehandi ,I have lost interest in all these things years back in the school only.

When Rhagav once badly scolded me at school since he and Dhruv were the headboys of school. Dhruv couldn't interfere in this matter because he was concerned mainly with sports matters and Rhagav was concerned for discipline matter, Dhruv couldn't speak a thing and was even asked not to stay in the assembly ground while Rhagav do his duty. And Rhagav on the other hand scolded me badly or should i say practically humiliated me for applying Mehandi at his own cousin's marriage saying that 'it's neither my marriage nor my family member's so I shouldn't been so excited'.  He said this in a mocking way infront of the entire school during assembly, the teachers even excused me for this as it was my first time that I broke a discipline rule of school but he scolded me so badly that I was on verge of crying, but he didn't show any mercy. And on the otherhand didn't say a word to Shersha because she is his girlfriend na!!! From then I have decided that I will not apply Mehandion my hands even in my own brother's weeding.

I was thinking of all this with a sad smile on my face and was looking towards Rhagav who was wearing sunglasses smiling and talking to the other girls.
'Why can't he be a little soft to me? Like he behaves with other! Why? What wrongs have I done? To just receive you cold behavior and hatred !!!!??'
I just blinked my eyes fast to remove the moist from my eyes. Ans soon Di's Mehandi was done and it was so beautiful just like her. They all started insisting me,requesting me, and kept on pushing me but when the saw that I was firm on my decision then Anu huffed in annoyance and went somewhere, muttering "FINE" and whispering something in others ears to which the three of them nooded their head, and she went.

Music started suddenly...as with that someone entered Siddhartha jiju (di whispered being shocked and surprised)and Rhagav....wow Rhagav was dancing,  that's something I'm definitely seeing after years maybe.....

O Ik Tere Sang Yara
Ankh Ladne Lagi
Ankh Lad Lad Ke
Aage Badhne Lagi

Ik Tere Sang Yaara
Ankh Ladne Lagi
Ankh Lad Lad Ke
Aage Badhne Lagi

O Tere Dil Ke Ishaare
Yeh Toh Padhne Lagi
Ankh Lad Lad Ke
Aage Badhne Lagi

Ho Munda Zid Pe Ada
Ho Tere Pichhe Pada
Ho Munda Zid Pe Ada
Tere Pichhe Pada

Mere Naal Kar Le Zara
Dil Dena Dil Lena
Dil Dena Dil Lena

Hai Sauda
Hai Sauda

Hai Sauda Khara Khara

With that we all started dancing even the elders who were getting irritated they also started enjoying after the music was played by their son-in-law.
Siddhartha jiju was a Punjabi so he was very jolly, and joyful person full of life.
But today I saw a very different side of Rhagav after so many years he was laughing and enjoying himself like he used to in his teenage.
After all rhe dance and introduce I saw Anu going to Rhagav and he suddenly started looking at him and thinking something he smile at Anu and started walking towards me looking intensely into my eyes..Now what next!!?.....

Rhagav's pov

The Mehandi function was going on smoothly everything was good. And Divya was looking happy while talking to jiya di, Anu, Dipti and Ria.
Suddenly I noticed that all of them were telling something more like convincing Divya to do something and I felt that Divya was upset about that 'something'.
Suddenly as I turned back I bumped into someone,  he introduced himself as Siddhartha, he seemed to be living in city seeing his cloths and personality I can surely say that, he further added that he is Jiya di's husband and then I remembered yesterday while introduction with all, sarpanji and dadiji both talked about Jiya di's husband.
The girls are sitting far so even though we could clearly see them they can't see us.
I told him the same story that I have told the villagers about our marriage, Divya's injury, and how we reached here. He seemed to Nice and understanding but I can't tell the truth to anyone,  I can't risk our safety at any cost.
Siddhartha suddenly said that the functions is boring and we 'Delhi wale' don't do functions like this. Hearing this the hidden 'Delhi wala' inside me woke up and I got excited to meet some from Delhi after so long .
And we decided to add some spice to this boring Mehandi function. And we did!! with music and dance!
I enjoyed myself like this after so long, I don't even remember the last time I dance so freely without anything running in my mind.
After all the dance and fun Anu came running to me and said that...........