Chapter 21

Divya's pov:

I was hell scared when I found myself in a unknown place all over again, but seeing Raghav infelt an unusual comfort, so I hugged for, for the first time, yes!!! We hugged for the first time, and then I noticed that he was wearing a plan white kurta pajama. Which was very unusual I have always seen him wearing sweat-shirts or hoodies and trousers.
I felt relaxed a bit hearing Dhruv is OK, Tiger is arrested and his men are killed. I got to know about the lie that Rhagav told to the old couple aboutbour marriage. I felt bad to lie to them, but that marriage thing is somewhere is creating a hovac in my heart. But at the end of the day it's fake and a lie. And that is why here I am standing alone in the room because Rhagav is not even comfortable standing in a room with me, so marriage thing is impossible.
I remember dadu telling me that he had seen so much love, adore, care and worry in Rhagav's eyes while he's was carrying me here.
Dadu said that Rhagav didn't even want to leave me alone for a minute when i was unconscious.

I was thinking of all these when Rhagav came abd closed the door behind. He came and sat on a chair beside the bed.
"You need to change that dressing" he said taking his broken phone out of his pajama's pocket, without even looking at me, he was checking his phone's screen. I moved to washroom, did my business and come out. Seeing coming out Rhagav stood up and started coming towards me "ahhhh...come let me help you change your bandage, the paste is here only" he said and took a copper bowl and sterile cloth.
"No it's OK, I'll manage " I tried protesting but he came closer and said
"you can't listen to me for once without arguing, can you? " I shook my head and before I could say anything he cut ne off and said softly " look Divya you can't change your change your own dressing,  so please let me help. You sit here on the bed. I'll come" Saying this he started helping me to change the bandage. He applied the green paste and started wrapping the bandage around my waist. It was painful, my injury is really big and painful that is for sure but seeing him doing all this is like medicine to my injury.
While he was doing all these his face was so close to mine. My hands were itching to touch his silky hair. His beard has grown a little. His lips were naturally pink and that mole just above his upper lip is so attractive, with the beard looks so attractive.
How can someone look so hot and attractive even after being so tired!!?
His eyes were sleepy and slightly red. And he looked up at me with the same closeness. He backed off suddenly and said "uhh Divya it's done!! I hope....is it hurting somewhere? You are feeling any pains?" He asked keeping his hands on my shoulder.
I shook my head and said "Im ok it was hurting a bit, but its OK I guess this ayurvedic medicine is doing wonders! Uhh...let's sleep."
"Yes! Ok" Rhagav said.
I took a pillow, blanket, and an extra bed-sheet and started goingto the oppositeside of the bed to sleep on the floor "what do you think you are doing? Where are you going taking these!!" I suddenly heard Rhagav's voice.
Without turning I said " to sleep!".
"You are not sleeping on the floor" Rhagav said.
"Then where should I sleep?" I asked being confused.
"On the bed" Rhagav said in a duhh tone "I mean you sleep on bed I'll sleep there on the floor".
"No Rhagav it's OK. You are tired already. You suffered a lot today you need rest soo....." and he cutoff me and said " don't be silly Divya, you are injured, more than me you need to rest." He said but I protested " but Rhagav you are injured too"
"Yeah...but it wasn't me who couldn't even walk an hour back, it wasn't me who was unconscious under the drugs effect, I was good all these while I carried you all these while...so don't worry about me, "
"But Rhagav...you are injured too". I said "yeah I am. But the bullet wasn't inside my body Divya it just touched my arm. Neither I was kidnapped nor drugs were forcefully injected into me. So I'm ok, you need rest, come on". He said.
"But...no it's not right..no no..I'm feeling bad to let you sleep on the floor on the
Rhagav " I said expression my worries.
"Its OK Divya. Accha let's do one thing. You sleep for now and after mid night we will exchange..will that be OK with you, now don't say no to this. After mid-night I have habit of waking up for sometime, so then today I'll wake you up dude we'll exchange our places and I'll wake up late tomorrow!??" Rhagav said "fair enough but don't forget to wake me up!" I said in a warning tone.
"Haa meri maa chalo (ok mother)" He said joining hands.

And we slept like we said. But it was me who woke him up to sleep on the bed, though he protested but I'm stubborn too.
So giving up he slept on the bed and I on the floor.

7 am.
I wokeup hearing a knock on the door. I slowly got up, careful enough not to strain my injury.  And then I picked up the bed sheet, Blanket and the pillow not before responding 'coming' to the knock.
I opened the door and it was dadi. "Good morning dadi" I greeted.
"Morning beti, sorry to wake you up, but beti I forgot to tell you yesterday that there is weeding in the village and since our village small and is like a family so everyone is invited, you both are also invited. And today is haldi. So I'm going there I have made the tea and breakfast, you wakeup Rhagav and asked him to serve, don't do it yourself , you need a lot of rest. Your dadu even asked me to tell you rest, he understood you injury is little too bad" Dadi said.
"Ok dadi, but the weeding!! How can we, we don't anyone here except you both. Moreover we don't even have clothes such clothes to wear and gifts.. and give in the weeding" I said.
"Areeee beti. You didn't even knew me na? But initially you got to know us. If you don't even try how are you going to know others make a bond with other, beti try once. And don't worry about clothes it is the weeding of the daughter of our village's head, so when I asked him the same thing he said he will send clothes for you both for all the functions - haldi, mehandi, Sangeet, weeding for all the functions you both just have to wear the clothes they send go and attend. That's all!! OK?? " Dadi said.  " yes dadi you are right! Thank you " I suddenly heard Rhagav's morning husky voice just behind me. And chill ran down my spine hearing that voice. I breathe in deeply and bite my lower lip.
"Good you got up my boy, now both get freshenup do your morning routine and your clothes are in that cupboard, you can wear them till your clothes come from the sarpanch ji house (village's head). I will send the clothes and you both will get ready and your dadaji (grandfather) and I will come back to take you to the venue." Dadi explained

"Means you both will go now only, and we both will be alone here" Rhagav asked. "Nahi beta(no son) your dadaji will have tea with you, then get shower 🚿 and then come by 9 am, but yes I will leave now and will come back by 10:30 am till then as soon as you get your functions clothes get ready ok!!??. Bye mera bacho (my kids)." Dadi said and bit us goodbye.
"I'll take shower first and the tea" I asked without looking at Rhagav.  "Ok take shower first!! But didn't you hear what dadi said I'll get the tea you can't work you are injured," I was about to cut in but he continue "and...and before you start all over again like yesterday night....please don't create more trouble, I have a responsibility to make you reach your house safe, so don't create a scene in the morning itself. " He said in no-nonsense tone showing his hand ✋.

I was hurt, he just takes me as a responsibility and nothing else.  What wrongs have I done!! To not received a bit of affection from him. Only His words actions everything effects me more than anyone else's do.
I bit my lips to stop myself from crying, I was standing at the door he already went in the washroom saying that 'I will never listen to him, so he'll take shower first'. I rubbed my face and suddenly heard dadaji old but cheerful voice "good morning beti". I faked a smile and replied "good morning dadu, you want tea "
"No no beta. You freshenup first then come. I will serve the tea 🍵come fast, your dadiji will curse me my whole life if let you work in this injured condition, moreover I've had checked your wound myself it's really deep take proper rest." dadu said.  "Areee dadu no. If you don’t me to help then Rhagav will do. But please don't do it yourself." I said opposing, and heard Rhagav's taunting tone
"Sometimes it's better that you listen to others without arguing, and dadu I'm done showering so I'll help!"...
I took a deep breath, to stop myself from crying, why me always!!??can't he be a little soft to me?
Though Rhagav was looking at me as he noticed my teary eyes and opened his mouth maybe to say something. 
I took a set of salwar-suit and went in the washroom without a word.
Thank God Dadu didn't notice the tension between us....